ZombieTown» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about claiming a house and drawing cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corvin the Raven
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game and after our first playtrough a lot of questions appeared. I got many of them answered by reading the FAQ, the revised rules and the 'geek forum, but two questions are still unanswered:

1) When you are drawing cards, does this happen with the cards face up (so that everybody can see if it's an event or not) or hidden ?

2) I dont really understand the conditions to claim a house.

The rules read:

Quote:
In order to claim a house, you must play a survivor or a barricade at that location. You may add a barricade to the ones that are currently there. The other player retains control of the house until all the barricades are torn down or you play an additional barricade or survivor.

Lets say the house is barricaded with 2 cards and has an unarmed survivor in it. I walk in with no prob since there are less than the max. of 3 barricades. Then there is the unarmed survivor. Do I need to...

a) kill this survivor just like a zombie to continue (every drawn card except jammed kills him with no possibility of defense)?
b) just play a barricade or a survivor to claim the house (ignoring the unarmed survivor)? And If so, what happens to the survivor and the 2 barricades ? Do I gain control of them ? Does the survivor die ?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corvin the Raven
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my Answers from Kerry via PM:

Hi Corvin,

Answers below...

Corvin0 wrote:
Hi Kerry

I just got Zombietown and after our first playtrough a lot of questions appeared. I got many of them answered by reading the FAQ, the revised rules and the 'geek forum, but two questions are still unanswered:

1) When you are drawing cards, does this happen with the cards face up (so that everybody can see if it's an event or not) or hidden ?

***They are hidden.

2) I dont really understand the conditions to claim a house.

The rules read:
In order to claim a house, you must play a survivor or a barricade at that location. You may add a barricade to the ones that are currently there. The other player retains control of the house until all the barricades are torn down or you play an additional barricade or survivor.

***You play an additional barricade or survivor. You don't have to get rid of the barricades that are present there, but you do have to get rid of the survivor.

Lets say the house is barricaded with 2 cards and has an unarmed survivor in it. I walk in with no prob since there are less than the max. of 3 barricades. Then there is the unarmed survivor. Do I need to...

a) kill this survivor just like a zombie to continue (every drawn card except jammed kills him with no possibility of defense)?
b) just play a barricade or a survivor to claim the house (ignoring the unarmed survivor)? And If so, what happens to the survivor and the 2 barricades ? Do I gain control of them ? Does the survivor die ?

***As stated above, just kill the survivor and play a survivor or barricade to make the house yours.

***If you have further questions, it's quickest to email me at Kerry.b@fuse.net and I would be happy to help you.

thanks for any clarification &
best regards

Corvin0

Take Care,

Kerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.