Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It feels like half the posts on the front page anymore are people complaining about Kickstarter. Look, I get it. It's not perfect and it certainly has its flaws. But for every good point, there are 20 people whining because a company or Kickstarter is not catering to their exact desire, so it's bad!

Here's the thing: For weal or for woe, Kickstarter has brought to light the logistics for making, marketing, and distributing games. Before, only people who really wanted to know knew what went in to getting a game to store shelves. With Kickstarter, game designers are telling people every step of the process. Don't kid yourself, it's much the same for non-Kickstarter games. The difference is you don't care and the distributor isn't interested in filling you in on the details.

If you don't like that a company is using Kickstarter when you think they shouldn't, well, too bad. It's not your company. If you don't like the realities of shipping and production, I do sympathize. But what can be done? If you can revolutionize the industry, I promise you will be well compensated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah. And about those stinking fantasy games being talked about around here every stinking day? Take it back to the basement, clodhoppers.

I hate fantasy games. Elves and dwarves and little pointy eared nitwits in super slow mo poses give me the dry heaves. I even kick kids named E. Gary out of general principle.

For the love of all that is good, stop talking about fantasy games here. If not, I'm starting a thread to tsk tsk each and every last one of you.

I mean it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
Well, I'm tired about people complaining about people complaining about kickstarter.

But, I do have the option to not click into a thread about it - just like with any other posting on this site whether it be a video, a review, a geeklist item, advertisement, The Hotness, etc.

There's a wealth of information and topics on this site and not every single piece of it will be catering your tastes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Under the paving stones, the beach
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobcatpoet wrote:

But what can be done?
3D Printers.

Quote:
If you can revolutionize the industry, I promise you will be well compensated.
You owe me a tenner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Falconer
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Synnical77 wrote:
...I do have the option to not click into a thread about it...

No you don't!robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Synnical77 wrote:
Well, I'm tired about people complaining about people complaining about kickstarter.

But, I do have the option to not click into a thread about it - just like with any other posting on this site whether it be a video, a review, a geeklist item, advertisement, The Hotness, etc.

There's a wealth of information and topics on this site and not every single piece of it will be catering your tastes.

And yet I have the ability to read those things and complain about them.

If you start a thread complaining about the backlash to the backlash, I'll thumb it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R.
United States
West Valley
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter really sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Desiderata wrote:
KKickstarter people suck.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this was going to be a thread about incessant whining that goes on in the comments on every KS.
"Your game needs to do this!"
"Why don't you have a pledge level to suit my narrowly focused needs!"
"I'm pledging x dollars, pay attention to my entitled rant!"
Holy crap, you'd think a large chunk of backers were 12 year olds. Don't like it, don't back it. Sure, voice your opinion, but realize you are but one voice out of a few hundred backers. You represent less than 1% of funding. Don't make me call the Waaaaaahmbulance.

Yah, I'm completely off topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're tired of Kickstarter complaints threads then why post another one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
I thought this was going to be a thread about incessant whining that goes on in the comments on every KS...

I did touch on that a little.

And you have to provide a picture when invoking the Waaaaaahmbulance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest problem with crowd-funding is: the crowd.

When you beg for money, you invite them in, pro and con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
The biggest problem with crowd-funding is: the crowd.

The biggest problem with ____X____: the people.

X = cities, airports, amusement parks, freeways, restaurants, cruise ships, parks, movie theaters, the internet, the Earth.

It's time for the Zombocalypse followed by the rise of the penguins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would back a Rise of the Penguins game on Kickstarter SO HARD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arbitrary Ranger
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want a board game about Kickstarter ON Kickstarter - just so I can choose not to back it, complain about it and then say it's all my fault when it doesn't reach it's stretch goal of the Kickstarter exclusive Kickstarter Complaining Meeple.

Sarcasm Level: Inception
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Boisselle
Canada
Boucherville
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Within the realm of color, the shadows often assume responsibility for the awkward shine of yellow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter sucks... money out of pockets/wallets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobcatpoet wrote:

If you don't like that a company is using Kickstarter when you think they shouldn't, well, too bad. It's not your company. If you don't like the realities of shipping and production, I do sympathize. But what can be done? If you can revolutionize the industry, I promise you will be well compensated.

If you don't like posts which express opinions you don't share, well too bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Rodrick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter is some part of a motorcycle right? This whole thread seems off topic on a web site about board games. Sorry if I sound too opinionated there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Read H.G. Wells 'The Time Machine.' It will make you feel all better about people

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Synnical77 wrote:

Have to agree, it's pretty easy to just ignore those threads ^^

I'm now waiting on someone to complain about us complaining about people complaining about people that complain about kickstarter...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
If this thread was a Kickstarter, I wouldn't back it, but would still complain about it incessantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogMcK wrote:
bobcatpoet wrote:

If you don't like posts which express opinions you don't share, well too bad.

Would you mind explaining this to some of the people in this thread, who seem to not like posts in the Hotness about games they don't like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.