Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Harris
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

1) I have no idea on the first one with the wax seal (Ys insignia with green border on the other side)

2) I have no idea on the use of this single white gem either (Picture of the Ys dude on the other side). Maybe some kind of ship card?

3) A guess this is for the 6 player variant I have heard rumors of (but not seen yet)? (Has the wax seal on the other side).

Still have not played the game yet, but soon, very soon.

Thanks for the help.

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
1) Nothing. It's just an extra card.

2) These are used in place of characters in the 4th (final) round. Given the limit on the number of cards that can be played on a round, and when they can be played, characters won on the 4th round could well be useless. The white gem gives you the choice of one gem of any non-black color if you win it.

3) Yep. Hopefully this year we'll get it sometime this year, but given that the 5-player version isn't so great, a 6-player version is probably too chaotic.

Ys is a great 4-player game, I hope you get to try it soon.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harris
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help Chris!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Chris, the 4 player game is King. 3 players in 3 'hoods is great as well. I have yet to try 5, although I sprung for the expansion (yes, I love this game that much!)
I cannot wait to play with the extra cards, events and a 5th, just to get my own opinion of it.
Great, nearly overlooked game, imho.
J!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harris
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Justin - Good to here. Have you tried 2 player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have actually played about 5 games 2 player. My wife and I. Works very well.
I normally disdain those types of games that "cheat" to a 2 player version by simply making us use 2 sets of players each or using a 3rd, neutral player.
This game actually does it quite nicely, in my opinion, because we share the 3rd player and it can be used VERY strategically to help your cause, or, obviously, hamper your lone opponent.
The game is just brilliant and even the 2 player model is incredible.
Highly, highly recommended!

Long live YS!

You know...most players have a favorite company they "root" for. Mine was always Alea. It still is, but Ystari has crepped up to a very close 2nd on the strength of just 2 games! Here's to hoping that their 3rd, the archeologist game, is a gem as well. I know Ill be buying it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.