Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
As we had four players, Ian, Glen, Adrian and myself, we decided to bring Verrater to the table. Ian and Adrian seemed a little cool to the game, but by the end they were agonizing over every pick of the special cards. This was a very close game, for the most part, even though the tide shifted towards the Eagles early, and there were often 3 or 4 players on that side.

The Eagles were claiming territories at a rapid pace, and it was apparent that I, who had gone last in the first round, would not get a chance to be the starter in the last round, as the game would already be over. Since I was holding no supply cards, having exhasuted them in a foiled attempt to score some much needed points, I chose to aid my about to turn Rose ally with the Diplomat +5, so that we could each take 7 points. It was not to be, alas, and after a clever play by Adrian, Glen, who was hoping to take the victory with his end of the game supply card and office bonus, ended up coming in second. Adrian is truly the most devious player among us...

This was one of the most interesting games of Verrater that we have played, and I'm sure that it went a long way towards raising the general consensus on the game in our group.

I will go on record as saying that I wanted to play Modern Art, but was turned down, since, if we played Modern Art "Mark would just win".

Mark Montreuil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.