Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: How to get more games going rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about a problem I guess everybody has had here with PBF: It takes way too long until you can finally play once you signed up on the list (three months or more..). The problema is of course that there are not enough people moderating games. So I had the idea that we could make it more atractive to mod a game by giving a reward, which would basically be to get on top of the list once you finish moderating a game. I think it is only fair to have people who moderate games play more since they have all the work and as there are normally 4 players for each mod there is no danger that only mods will play. Let me know what you think, I think this could help a lot keeping the PBF alive, as especially new people who are on bottom places of the list get encouraged to try moderating.
If this idea is not accepted however I will for sure invite the last mod to the first PBF I mod myself. I think it is unfair that the people who have all the work might have to wait for months to get to play because of others who never mod.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CJWF wrote:
I was thinking about a problem I guess everybody has had here with PBF: It takes way too long until you can finally play once you signed up on the list (three months or more..). The problema is of course that there are not enough people moderating games. So I had the idea that we could make it more atractive to mod a game by giving a reward, which would basically be to get on top of the list once you finish moderating a game. I think it is only fair to have people who moderate games play more since they have all the work and as there are normally 4 players for each mod there is no danger that only mods will play. Let me know what you think, I think this could help a lot keeping the PBF alive, as especially new people who are on bottom places of the list get encouraged to try moderating.
If this idea is not accepted however I will for sure invite the last mod to the first PBF I mod myself. I think it is unfair that the people who have all the work might have to wait for months to get to play because of others who never mod.

I agree with that, but I think that the "reserved spots" should be limited to 1 per game.

I will start following this rule for my games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There should not really be a problem with to many "reserved spots". As a mod always gets invited to the next game no mods will accumulate on the list. But maybe we could add that this bonus only counts for one game, like keeping your place in the list but getting an extra invite for one game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As nobody is objecting and I have the impression this is working fine I will incorporate it in the wiki as a generaly accepted mechanism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Agreed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.