Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not happy with FFG's online editor, because it misses some parts (the "*" search token for example.

I have TileSystem, but can't find a Descent 2e tileset for it.

I did find Bryan Livingston's Vassal module: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/843098/descent-2-vassal-modu...

Like he suggests somewhere in that thread, I renamed his file to .zip, and extracted the graphics. But I don't know how to get them into the TileSystem software.

Anyone done this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started working on one, but was having troubles getting the edges to line up and demand fizzled, so I stopped...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I started working on one, but was having troubles getting the edges to line up and demand fizzled, so I stopped...

-shnar

For what it's worth, I would probably use it and moderate a PBF if I had access to the stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested as well. The official online editor looks great, but I don't understand why FFG left it incomplete.

Bryce, do you have the Lair of the Wyrm stuff as well? I think the Vassal module only includes tiles from the basegame.

I'd be scanning stuff in myself if I'd have a scanner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got everything scanned, ready to go, just need to figure out the images as tiles (rotating them causes issues aligning to the grid, and I need to get that resolved).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Vargen666 wrote:
I'd be interested as well. The official online editor looks great, but I don't understand why FFG left it incomplete.

Well, it is technically a beta version, right? Maybe I'm a dinosaur of another age, but where I come from betas are expected to be incomplete.

Although I will concede that they seem to be slow on implementing feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stewi wrote:
Vargen666 wrote:

Well, it is technically a beta version, right? Maybe I'm a dinosaur of another age, but where I come from betas are expected to be incomplete.

Although I will concede that they seem to be slow on implementing feedback.

I haven't been looking into it so much. I only checked it when they first launched it, thought it was cool, but didn't own the game at the time. I saw comments from people about the missing graphics dating back to January. That's over three months ago. I know they are offering this for free nd that it's a beta, and I am grateful for that. But to me the missing things are a turn-off. I'm no programmer, but it seems like this is something that can be easily/quickly remedied by FGG, and not something that should have been left out of a beta version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.