Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Goldenbogen
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This little game has a Carcassonne feel but it much quicker and easier for younger kids. I played with a 6 year old and 2 30 year olds. The game comes with basic rules but has advanced rules for older kids and adults. This is a great feature (and one that other Gamewright games have) that allows the game to be played year after year.

The goal of the basic game is to build a 3x3 castle out of tiles (slightly larger that Carcassonne). You begin the game with 4 tiles and pick up 2 each round. You can lay down as many tiles as you want each turn. To build you castle you must build off of adjacent tiles that are either the same shape or color. If you build with the same color, be careful as your opponent can attack your castle sections and each adjacent tile with the same color as the attacked section is removed. While it is easier to build by color, it is safer to build by shape. Quite a nice little mechanic and one that can turn the tide of a game quickly.

Some of the reviews critique this game for being too long but I have found that games last about 10 minutes. I reccommend this game for families but would not hesitate to pull it out for non-gamers or gamers looking for a lighter offering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.