GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,283 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Nuklear Winter '68» Forums » General

Subject: Omega scenario thoughts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Warren
msg tools
I have my board set for a try at the Omega scenario (V-2 transport) either tonight or tomorrow night (hopefully). Has anyone else played this one and what are your thoughts on it?

It should be interesting with the BH only having 1 AM in the cup. However, there are 2 Event markers so that will certainly mix things up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Moles
United States
Idaho Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently playing through that scenario right now in a PBEM game. I'm the Reich, and it has been very slow going for the trucks as they have only activated 3 times in 6 turns so far. The SS formation has put a huge dent in the BH armour though. It looks like it will come down to a standoff outside of town, if my trucks can get the activations in time. Events have not made a big difference in this play through, because they have almost all been popup attacks that didn't have anybody in the appropriate terrain type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Warren
msg tools
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it seems that it could be slow going for the trucks. Now that you mention it, the Events may not play a big role, particulary if you stay off the roads and cities as much as possible.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Just the fact the an event gets pulled from the cup means someone doesn't get that activation. Typically that favors the defenders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Warren
msg tools
Finally played this scenario last night. It was a close one, but the Black Hand was victorious. In the end, it was the Scourge that took out the V2 transports. The Reich just couldn't kill it, but they did put up a good fight against the BH.

Basically, the Reich went East near the southern end of the board. The idea was to make it to the city there (I forget the name) to re-fuel the transports, then make their way north with the heavy armor leading the way. The BH started in the middle-east part of the board, with a Megrim and Zealot (w/Diskord) on the extreme eastern side of the board.

The Reich were able to use some long range fire to weaken the BH armor. The transports made it to the city as the rest of the Reich forces gathered slightly to the north. After exchanging fire, the 1/501 had a pair of E-100's & CO that went on a rampage. They couldn't miss, knocking out the BH Rancor over the course of two turns (1/501 had frequent activations). The Ravagers were able to take out the AFVs of the 2/130 with some assualts, but they too were subsequently killed by the 1/501's E-100s.

Meanwhile, the Scourge made an end around move towards the SE city where the transports were waiting for a clear path to the north. Protecting them were some Reich infantry w/ AA missile and an E-100. The AA fire was very in-effective over the course of several turns. The Scourge was able to destroy 2 of the transports. The Reich could only hope for a draw.

Activations and AA attacks weren't going very well for the Reich, and the last transport was destroyed by the Scourge. At the end, there were 3 E-100 platoons, and 1 Reich infantry. The BH had 3 Zealot "platoons" and the Scourge.

Overall, it was a fun game and I'll probably play it again soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.