War of the Ring (First Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Somebody wanna teach me to play WOTR? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
the king
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I recently purchased War of the Ring and I am in the process of painting the minis some basic colors. I have been looking at the directions on and off so I have a general idea of gameplay, however I am hoping I could meet up with someone who has experience with the game. I live in Downingtown Pa, and a we could play at a new store called The Games Keep LLC that just opened up in Wester Chester Pa (real cool store by the way). So anyone who likes to play this game and lives in the Tri-state area, come help me and we'll play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I represent no danger.
mb
I hear you on that one. I got the game for Christmas and am a little daunted by the rules. The advice I got was to play the quick rules solo to get a flavor of the play. Then play the full game solo. Then we should be ready to teach someone else and go for it.

So far, I've set the game up twice and was so tired by the time I was done (where is Minas Turoth again?) I just put it away again. Someday, I'll make it through, then sit my wife down and make her sit through it.

-goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
AVOID the "quick rules". They aren't just a simplification of the real ones; sometimes they're DIFFERENT (completely!). You'll have to forget some of them, alter some others and keep a few. An additional work really not worth the effort.
Use the complete rules. Once you start, they aren't SO complex as they may seem (they do make sense as a whole and there aren't as many exceptions and exceptions to the exceptions as in the average wargame).
Playing solo a time (or three ) is a good suggestion to get you acquainted with the system.
Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the king
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
nobody? its weird.... there are lots of gamers in all directions from my house but there all like 45+ minutes away from my house. Nobody seems to play right in my immediate area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.