Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt McCallum
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I played a game of IOD last night with two of my buddies and we had a couple questions about the legendary items used in the game.

1. Is there are cap on the number of legendary items you can carry? Do they count towards the standard weapon/armor/items carrying capacity?

2. How many legendary items can you use per combat round? Could you use them to attack in every phase?

3. If a character defeats a challenge and then replaces the event while they are still on the space do they have to move away from the space before attemting the adventure on their next turn?

We really liked the expansion, but I thought the legendary items were too easy to obtain, and then way too powerful the way they were used. The winner had 4 of the items and used them to easily beat the boss.These next questions deal with basic Runebound gameplay...

1.Can you stay in a town for multiple turns in a row and draw new market cards every market step?

2.We are still a bit confused about item activation during combat. How many items can you activate per combat round? Are you only allowed to activate one item per round or per phase? Can you use weapons to give you bonuses when you are defending (like the bow that adds +3 to range)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I havn't played IoD, but I can answer you regular Runebound questions.

Quote:
1.Can you stay in a town for multiple turns in a row and draw new market cards every market step?

Yes

Quote:
2.We are still a bit confused about item activation during combat. How many items can you activate per combat round? Are you only allowed to activate one item per round or per phase? Can you use weapons to give you bonuses when you are defending (like the bow that adds +3 to range)?

Accoring to the rules on page 6 under "Card Activation" it says that you can active 1 "Before Combat" card, and 1 card each ROUND of combat (not each PHASE). And yes you can activate cards when you're defending, except that you still won't cause damage even if there's a bonus to damage listed on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt McCallum
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, That helps a lot for playing the besic game, but can anyone answer my questions specifically about IOD?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodenough
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Goody
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I played a game of IOD last night with two of my buddies and we had a couple questions about the legendary items used in the game.

1. Is there are cap on the number of legendary items you can carry?
A: No
Do they count towards the standard weapon/armor/items carrying capacity?
A: No

2. How many legendary items can you use per combat round?
A: As many as you own
Could you use them to attack in every phase?
A: No. The Spear of Trelton, Sword of Antenor, and Talisman of Korsec-Amin don't grant you an "extra" attack, they just allow you to automatically succeed.

3. If a character defeats a challenge and then replaces the event while they are still on the space do they have to move away from the space before attempting the adventure on their next turn?
A: No.

We really liked the expansion, but I thought the legendary items were too easy to obtain, and then way too powerful the way they were used. The winner had 4 of the items and used them to easily beat the boss.
A: Not only is Assif Shib-Sa even more terrifying than Margath, but you usually have to fight through a couple of his minions, who are pretty tough themselves. Not to mention some of the truly fearsome sea monsters you might encounter voyaging. The Legendary Items were designed to give Heroes a fighting chance. Without them, the game would take a few more hours to build up enough experience to win.

A: Yes

2.We are still a bit confused about item activation during combat. How many items can you activate per combat round?
A: One
Are you only allowed to activate one item per round or per phase?
A: Per round

Can you use weapons to give you bonuses when you are defending (like the bow that adds +3 to range)?
A: Yes, unless the item specifically states otherwise. Please review the updated FAQ for more information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.