David Wilson
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me if this has been answered before but I can't find where if so. I'm curious, why don't I see myself when I search for users on my own zip (54904)? I confirmed that it is correctly entered in my profile, and it has been correct for some time (months and months at least), so I doubt there is any data replication issue. Is this a "feature," are other people still able to see me? Or is there something I need to do to enable my showing up in ohter people's user searches by zip?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Why don't I show up in a search for users run on my own
i can't see you either. 54904. 2 people within 10 miles, neither of whom is you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Myrick
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...I just tried the same thing on myself and I didn't show up either. Does anyone see themselves when doing this search?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Easton
United States
Casey
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm able to see myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lmyrick,

When I went to the "Utilities" menu, then to "Users," then to "Find Gamers," I entered my zip code (10025), and I did in fact came up in the results. I'm sorry, I can't help answer as to why you're not coming up though, but it may be helpful to know that it is working for certain people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see myself either. I asked about this months ago, but I never got a reponse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your zipper must be down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i do show up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you fill out the info such as user ID, country, zip code and all that stuff there is a checkbox that asks if you want to include your info in the Gamers Database. If you don't check that box you don't show up in the Gamers Database and therefore you don't show up on the map. Now after everything has been altered since the beginning of the year I have no clue where you find this page anymore so you can change this. Anyone know??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chachere
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having the same problem. In fact, I posted a new thread to that effect today (Jan 27, 06). There have been some bugs since the overhaul that occurred recently. Hmmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this is a bug, it's just that there doesn't seem to be a way for registered users to get back to the page that you have to go through for registration like you used to be able to. Anyway, I know quite a few people on BGG from my area and a lot of them don't show up on the map feature either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Something else lost in the shuffle. Sorry about this.. I'll get it back in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chachere
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cavalry to the rescue!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wilson
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Scott, I appreciate your prompt reply! I'll watch this thread for a note from you about anything I need to do on my end to make it work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't show in my zip search either. Just for the record...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wilson
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI I continue to have this problem, and still do not see an option in my profile to include myself in the gamer database (if that's what the issue is?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.