Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about Arkham Horror Rules.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurtis and Amber
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey everyone me and my boyfriend had some questions about a few rules in Arkham Horror;

a) When a Mythos card is drawn and it says a gate opens at the black cave and there is already a gate there do monsters appear at all gates? If so, does this include gates that investigators have already entered and are now in the other world?

b) When an environmental card is drawn i know they stay in play until new environmental cards are drawn; but i was wondering about monster movement phases; does this mean that the monsters that match up with the symbols on an environmental card that has been in play (it has already been drawn and the monsters have already moved for that card) for awhile still get to move according to those symbols AND also the ones on newly drawn mythos cards that are not environmental? Or is it once monsters have already moved for that particular environmental card that environmental card no longer applys to monster movement?

this may seem a little confusing but i was hoping someone would be able to help me out!

Sorry for the long questions!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JaySkunk wrote:
a) When a Mythos card is drawn and it says a gate opens at the black cave and there is already a gate there do monsters appear at all gates? If so, does this include gates that investigators have already entered and are now in the other world?


Per the FAQ, this is a monster surge, and the number of monsters that appear is equal to the number of open gates or the number of players, whichever is greater. These monsters are evenly distributed across all open gates.

Quote:
b) When an environmental card is drawn i know they stay in play until new environmental cards are drawn; but i was wondering about monster movement phases; does this mean that the monsters that match up with the symbols on an environmental card that has been in play (it has already been drawn and the monsters have already moved for that card) for awhile still get to move according to those symbols AND also the ones on newly drawn mythos cards that are not environmental? Or is it once monsters have already moved for that particular environmental card that environmental card no longer applys to monster movement?


Once played to the table, ignore the movement symbols on the environment card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
TheCat wrote:
JaySkunk wrote:
a) When a Mythos card is drawn and it says a gate opens at the black cave and there is already a gate there do monsters appear at all gates? If so, does this include gates that investigators have already entered and are now in the other world?


Per the FAQ, this is a monster surge, and the number of monsters that appear is equal to the number of open gates or the number of players, whichever is greater. These monsters are evenly distributed across all open gates.



I will add that the first player resolves all ambiguities in regards to where the monsters are placed, but does so before they are drawn from the cup. So if ever you have a monster than can go in X number of places where X > 1, the first player chooses before drawing.

Quote:

Quote:
b) When an environmental card is drawn i know they stay in play until new environmental cards are drawn; but i was wondering about monster movement phases; does this mean that the monsters that match up with the symbols on an environmental card that has been in play (it has already been drawn and the monsters have already moved for that card) for awhile still get to move according to those symbols AND also the ones on newly drawn mythos cards that are not environmental? Or is it once monsters have already moved for that particular environmental card that environmental card no longer applys to monster movement?


Once played to the table, ignore the movement symbols on the environment card.


I think it is clearer to say that after an environmental mythos card is resolved, it is kept on the table and ONLY it's environmental affect applies until a new card of that type is drawn. The other aspects of the card are no longer used.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.