Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Signore
Italy
Napoli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a maybe stupid question: does anyone out there find this game a bit too easy?
I mean, if you never buy units, then Sauron gets lesser dice, and you will probably win easily - at least this is what happened to us in the first two games.

We liked the game, make no mistake, but it's a bit "easy", so I was wondering if anyone experimented the same feeling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Ramsey
United States
Grove City
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Hush
mbmbmbmbmb
Angra wrote:
I've got a maybe stupid question: does anyone out there find this game a bit too easy?
I mean, if you never buy units, then Sauron gets lesser dice, and you will probably win easily - at least this is what happened to us in the first two games.

We liked the game, make no mistake, but it's a bit "easy", so I was wondering if anyone experimented the same feeling.

When you say "this is what happened to us" I assume you were not playing solo. The only thing I would address is that you don't win as a team. A single player wins. It is a competitive game, not a purely co-op one. The team defeating Sauron is just the prerequisite that allows a victor. If players weren't buying more powerful dice, then it sounds like they weren't playing to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Signore
Italy
Napoli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I was not playing solo; but yes, we tend to play it in a cooperative way. So perhaps this may be the problem.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Connolly
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Your right, If you buy no dice you will win the game but no one gets an edge over anyone else. The scoring will stay low and the fun is out of the game. And you will never have the fun of watching the bad guy roll 11 dice and the group working to stop all that evil coming your way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The updated rules include a pure co-op variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.