L Myrick
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT has uploaded a PDF of a smaller dice-sticker sheet to the C&C:Ancients support site, so if you print them off on label stock they'll actually fit on the dice that came with the game. They can be found here:
http://www.thewargamer.com/ccancients/gaming.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Becker
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't just print and paste these to the given C&CA dice - you'll just have crappy dice with smaller symbols.

A) Paste them to smaller wooden blank dice - 10, 12, 15 mm all are nice.
B) (Preferable) Send the art outlines to a Versa Laser laser engraver and burn them into the face of some wooden dice. Ink the engraved outlines with colored inks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Myrick
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I'm putting my on regular 16mm d6 blanks and then spraying them with Kryon Crystal Clear.

Just where would one get access to a Versa laser engraver?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hand drew the symbols on colored labels and applied those to the dice supplied by GMT for temporary use. I'm planning to apply GMT's original labels to some 19mm blank dice that I ordered from Gamestation.net. Unfortunately, I could only find 19mm dice in white, red, and green (I ordered white). You can get black in 16mm from a number of sources online. But the original labels are 15mm and so may not fit on the smaller dice easily or well (especially if they have rounded edges). If you care about the color of the dice, you might want to try the new labels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Becker
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
L Myrick wrote:
"Just where would one get access to a Versa laser engraver?"

I Googled for it and found them for sale all over the place. However, they are too expensive for my liking, so I've contacted a bunch of engraving shops. I think if you engrave 100 dice at a time (in a 10 by 10 array) it should not be hard to run the dice through the engraver. This way you get the quality wood dice the game craves and have plenty of sets leftover for sale to make up for your investment.
Thanks, Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.