Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my kickstarter copy, with all of the negative comments about the gameplay, rule book, etc. I'm really thinking about selling the game, hopefully for what I payed for it. I may just wait until I see a review on the game. Does anyone else share the same feelings about the game? I really want to like this, it seems like it has a good concept, but if it has poor execution then I don't want to bother breaking the shrink on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trenton
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
The creator of the game promised a 2 turn example of the game in a vblog or something of the sort soon(like I'm expecting it this week or next). I would wait to determine if you want to crack the seal or not after you see the 2 turn example as there are A LOT of rule questions out there at the moment that are being answered hazily at best sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I enjoyed the experience of learning the rules and trying to piece together designer intent with some of the gaps in the manual. I think I have a pretty good handle on how the game plays, and it still presents an interesting semi-cooperative experience that I think many games don't do as well. The main issues that exist for me are of balance and fiddlyness. There's not enough data and session reports so far for balance conclusions. As for fiddlyness, hopefully the videos promised by Elad will clear a lot of that up.

Right now, I'm holding onto this game. There's nothing else in my collection that is similarly shared-worker placement + dice-based dungeon delving. I think the uniqueness is still worth a shot, and I have high hopes that some fan variants will come along soonish that'll make this a fun, tight game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, set aside the components and the rules, it's a decent fun game of dungeon crawling in Euro style.
The game was indeed came out under my big expectation (but that solely from the incomplete rules and lack quality of components. But the game play shares different take, although it has some delicate approaches being semi cooperative and unfamiliar strategy to keep it balance.

I really really want to do a review but my number of plays and the unclear rules keep me away from doing that.

We're having a blast with the combat mechanic, though some would think it's pretty much based on fun rather than serious gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Fingerhut
msg tools
I really enjoyed playing it two player, sure the rules are a bit unclear or awkward sometimes but if you don't mind improvising or coming up with variants the basic mechanics are a ton of fun. My friends are excited about playing a full blown 5 player game this weekend, hopefully I can give full impressions then. I agree with people that a few of things in the rules may be poorly designed but if you can get past that it looks quite good. Plus, giant board and sweet artwork. Give it a shot at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stevenson
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AWTama wrote:
I just received my kickstarter copy, with all of the negative comments about the gameplay, rule book, etc. I'm really thinking about selling the game, hopefully for what I payed for it. I may just wait until I see a review on the game. Does anyone else share the same feelings about the game? I really want to like this, it seems like it has a good concept, but if it has poor execution then I don't want to bother breaking the shrink on it.

FWIW, I should have a review of Fallen City written and posted by the end of the week (I have podcast recording and editing to do as well, so I can't say for certain). Hopefully it will help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.