Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game playable at all as a solo item? From what I've read, probably not...but looking for other opinions/experiences...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card driven games with the opportunity to react to the opponents move generally don't play too well solitaire. I have played it solitaire and enjoyed it for what it is. I missed opportunities to react because I was too focused on what my left hand was doing my right didn't react.

Given the opportunity to withdraw from combat is automatic in this game, it makes combat a mutual agreement by both parties most of the time. As a solitaire game I always evaluated the value of each combat the exact same way, so it lacked suspense.

Overall still fun, but not a first choice for solitaire (or second, or third, or fourth...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is a bit of a fencing match, with thrust/parry in a few key directions. The unknown is key and so I would say playing solo is only for the purpose of learning the rules.

However it plays great by VASSAL PBEM so who cares?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people play solitaire and that is all they do. So it might matter to some readers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
Some people play solitaire and that is all they do. So it might matter to some readers.

Yes but I saw no reason not to proselytize for VASSAL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh right. Yes, VASSAL is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.