Carlisle
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are Fighters!

We are Survivors!

We are The Resistance!

[Day 1]

There's not a lot of us left now. Most of us have been killed or driven underground by the Imperials. There is dissension among our peoples and the recent run of bad luck for our Mission Teams have started rumours that the Imperials have spies working among us. I've tried to explain to them that this is just hearsay. The explosion during Team 4's mission was an accident, I'm sure of it. And, well, no one could have predicted Team 7's run in with that Imperial patrol.

We've had bad luck before. I think it's only now that we're so close to the end that people are starting to see things that aren't there. It's understandable though. We are days away from making a change that could see us rise from the dirt and once again take our city back. Tensions are high. People are nervous. People are scared...

I'm scared.

[Day 2]

Preparations are nearly complete for our final stand. Things are going well. I've put together 5 of my best men. All of them have been in this since just after the Imperial occupation. I trust them all with my life. I have to trust them.

The plan is to take out the 5 generators throughout the Capital that provide the Imperials with all of their electricity. Taking out at least 3 of these will cripple production to the point that the Imperials will hopefully pull out of the City leaving it free for us to reclaim control.

[Day 3]

Today we're taking out the Eastern generator. Along with the Southern generator, these two are the smaller of the five. I've only sent two of my men on this mission. The smaller the team the more likely we are to go unnoticed. It's been around 4 hours since the team left, we should hopefully here some news soon.

The smoke rising from the East is a good sign. Luke and DC were successful. One generator down, 4 to go.

Tomorrow is a big day. We'll be trying to end this thing in one push. I'm sending out two teams to the Western and Southern generators. If this goes well we could be back in the city within days!

[Day 4]

Luke and DC have rendezvoused with Mick over on the West. I've also sent Alex down South to wait for Mick who will meet up with him after his mission is complete to take out the 3rd generator.

They're out of comms range now. All we can do is wait.

Luke and DC have just arrived back. Things did not go well. Imperials were there waiting. Somehow they knew exactly where we had planned to strike. I believe the rumours may have been correct - we have a traitor in our midsts. All the evidence points to Mick...and worse than that, Mick is already on his way to regroup with Alex and I have no way to warn him.

This is a disaster.

I don't understand it. The Southern generator is down. The mission was a success. Maybe I was wrong about Mick. Perhaps it wasn't an ambush, it may well just have been a regular patrol.

[Day 5]

Initial reports are coming in that the Imperials are in panic and have stepped up security at the final two generators. We only need to take down one more, but at this point we can't afford to take any more risks.

I'm going with my gut here and I'm pulling Mick off the mission. I still don't fully trust him. I'll be sending Steve, along with Luke and DC, to the Northern generator.

We're so close now, I hope I've made the right decision.

NO!! This can't be. The Imperials managed to disarm our device. They're even broadcasting that it was one of their under-cover agents that is to 'thank' for this.

This doesn't make any sense.

I have to think!

[Day 6]

Luke and DC. Those two were present on both of the sabotaged missions. I can't ignore the evidence any longer, no matter how long I've known them. I've had them confined to solitary under guard until this is over.

We have one more chance at this. The Central Generator. With Luke and DC confined we should hopefully stand a good chance.

[Day 7]

Mick, Alex and Steve left in the early hours of the morning. They should be arriving at the generator within the the next 2-3 hours.

We have had some good news though. Our interrogators managed to reveal the identity of the Imperial spy. It had been DC all along.
I can only presume that the first mission success was an attempt to build trust so that he would be sent on the later missions. That may have worked for a while, but now that we have him in custody things should proceed far smoother than they have been.

It's over.

We've lost.

Steve and Alex have been killed. Mick is being hailed as a hero of the Imperials.
I was so certain. I mean, we had the DC locked in the brig. We had their spy! How was I to know there were two of them? How did this happen? How could we let two Imperials infiltrate so deeply into our ranks?

We've had reports that our location has been compromised. Clearly Mick has given us up. It will only be a matter of hours before we're overrun.

I have to organise an evacuation for the civilians.

I have to destroy all of our intel.

I have to get to the brig....

I have to kill that f*cker, DC!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haha.. well written. It really read like log from a distraught resistance operative.. congrats on a job VERY well done.

Also, I've never thought of writing a Session report on a Resistance game.. you've inspired me!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Eastlake
United Kingdom
Carlisle
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the game being so minimalist in terms of components I find it really lends itself to letting the imagination run wild.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.