Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a game called Puzzle Pirates (www.puzzlepirates.com). It's a fun and free way to get your puzzling + MMOARRRPG without worrying about level grinding.

Anyways, the developers, Three Rings, have a site called Game Gardens (www.gamegardens.com) and I noticed a came very similar to Carcassonne called Atlantis. In fact if you read the description you see they actually give Klaus credit for the game design.

Atlantis link - http://www.gamegardens.com/gardens/view_game.wm?gameid=1

I played against some bots and it was ok.

There are some other board game type puzzles listed on the site as well that are all free to play. Problem is there usually isn't anyone on to play.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

~V

PS if you do play Puzzle Pirates look for me on the Viridian Ocean as Valien.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahoy, Valien. I used to play Puzzle Pirates (went by the name of Blackguard on the Midnight ocean) but retired a few months ago.

Puzzle Pirates is built on a common Java framework. This framework has since been released open-source, allowing people to create their own games using the available code libraries. I've developed an implementation of Hasami Shogi using their code.

Atlantissonne (original name) was an implementation of Carcassonne they developed originally for their own use, I believe. It is now used as an example of what can be done with their code. The source is available for download, and it is encouraged that developers use their example as a guide to make their own games. That's certainly what I did.

There's a thread about the naming and crediting of the game here: http://forums.gamegardens.com/discussion/mvnforum/viewthread...

It's true there are few players there -- a lack of a shared lobby is one limiting factor. GG is more for game designers and developers who want to build their ideas. For players it can't really compete with play-only sites like Popcap, but it's a great resource for those of us who enjoy making games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.