Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interrested in playing non-fantasy Epic Battlelore scenarios, but I believe that Agincourt is the only official non-fantasy scenario. Are there any others? Does anyone have any methods of adapting regular scenarios to Epic ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Hurtt
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been looking at that, and in all honesty, it has come down to researching out the battle, expanding the map provided, and expanding the forces out to about 20 units per side. Just doing the grunt work.

I have started looking through my Medieval Warfare magazines for ideas.

I think it is a good idea, as I very much enjoyed the first Epic CtA game I (just) played, and Chris and I have both played Epic Agincourt, and enjoyed that immensely, on both sides. I was working on updating the War of the Roses campaign scenarios – got to the point where all scenarios were completed and was just double-checking them – when changes came to both Vassal and the BattleLore module. There is a particular "scenario conversion" function in Vassal that is not quite working yet (according to the BattleLore module developer), which makes things a hassle.

That said, if I were to do something like producing Epic versions of scenarios, I would publish it as an extension, rather than as an addition to the main module. That is what I did for the War of the Roses scenarios (mostly because there are new troop types).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking at the Epic Agincourt vs. the standard scenario. It looks like the number of cards in hand stays the same, but that the number of units double as do the number of victory banners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Hurtt
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but remember that with all Epic you get the shared Epic Command hand, and the modified rules allowing you to play up to 2 section cards. (Maybe that was not your point. If not, sorry for sounding so pedantic.)

The good thing is, if that can be taken as a design guideline, then it should be relatively easy to convert that part of the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dhurtt wrote:
Yes, but remember that with all Epic you get the shared Epic Command hand, and the modified rules allowing you to play up to 2 section cards.

Right, I think that's why the number of command cards don't increase from standard to Epic BattleLore. (For example, in both standard and Epic Agincourt scenarios, the English get 6 command cards and the French get 4).

In contrast, going from a standard to an Epic C&C Ancients game, where all the cards are in hand, the hand size would typically go up by 50% or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Hurtt
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to mention: I am not sure if there are any Epic scenarios in the old BattleLore scenario repository. It needs a catalog ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.