Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ross W
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a couple of episodes, of The Wire (one of the best TV shows ever made if you haven't watched it) that`s what the corner boys are calling it their product, and every time I see Pandemic, I hear the voice calling out:

Quote:
Pandemic! Got that Pandemic over here!

Am I alone in my auditory hallucinations?

Update: There is a terrible quality youtube clip that demonstrates what I am talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DznkHpEUIQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
It definitely is called Pandemic at some point in the series, using the name is not discussed but renaming the product, due to it's low quality, is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, I miss the Wire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just get the DVD box set and watch no other TV ever. There really isn't much point in any other TV once you've watched The Wire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lelas
Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ACTING TALENT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watching The Wire for the first time this last few weeks. I've just finished the 2nd season. It's pretty awesome alright. Still not seeing the "best show in the world" quality, although I do think that Season 2 was a major step up to Season 1. It's great, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it replaces my favourites just yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Vista
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OT: Is this the right place to discuss The Wire?
We have a saying, "If it weren't for The Wire, Battlestar Galatica would be the best TV drama of all time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.