BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southeast

Subject: Nashville war gameers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Hellein
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I play military and political based war games such as Advanced Squad Leader, Empire in Arms, or Star fleet battles. I have been looking for ftf opponents in the Nashville area now for about four years with no luck. Anyone know any people who play those games there?

I am new here so if this is the wrong forum for this type of post my appology. If anyone has any information on this or needs an opponent in Nashville I can be reached at noetsi@yahoo.com.

Rusty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Watts
United States
Mount Juliet
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Russell,
I've played quite a few games of Empire in Arms, SFB and Federation and Empire in the past, but the length of time necessary to play those games has precluded them in the past few years. I've still managed 5 games of F&E on-line since 2001, but none of those games ever finished. Sigh...

Mostly today I play Euros and the shorter war/strategy games, such as the 9 hour Twilight Imperium game I played on Saturday. In addition there are the occasional Axis and Allies and similiar games. Heroscape is my favorite right now, though it's purely tactical in nature.

Feel free to send me an email at jeffjwatts@yahoo.com or check out our game club's web site: www.gamecentralstation.org. The web site is dedicated to the board gaming group that meets every Monday at The Game Keep. Your welcome to come to any of our meetings. The times and location is on the website.

Jeff

PS We'll also be meeting for a 5 hour session at The Game Keep this Sunday from 12-5pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Hellein
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Anderson
United States
Collierville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand your predicament. I live just outside of Memphis and enjoy wargaming along with most other games. I will be going to Nashville to get my wargaming fix this year at NASHCON 2006.

Nashcon is sponsored by the Mid-South Section of the Historic Minatures Gaming Society (HMGS). Check their website at
http://www.hmgs-midsouth.org/ for more information. They're planning and ASL tournament among others and hundreds of wargammers should be there.

I will be there this year and I'm looking forward to playing some games.

Anthony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.