Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you can find an answer here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/1011476/the-lord-of-the-r...

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fuller
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thats a bad/unlucky combo. Use spirit and make sure you get a Test of Will to cancel the treacheries, maybe pairing it with Dwarven Tomb so you can recycle it. The key to this quest is including pretty much any healing effect you can, and use them early and often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With a Spirit / Lore deck (Eowyn, Dunhere, and Denethor, Spirit for questing and cancellation, Lore for healing and encounter deck manipulation), I beat the scenario a couple times a row without breaking a sweat. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how one beats this particular one with a different deck design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of the scenarios are rough to say the least.

In fact, many have taken me a couple dozen tries to beat, but I got it done eventually.

I use a three sphere deck (Leadership, Lore, Spirit). One of each hero and many protection cards.

Keep going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
Spirit and Lore. You need to get Rhosgobel out of the staging area (via Northern Tracker etc.) before completing Stage 1. (You can't travel to it, but you can explore it.) Then you can lie low and build up the Athelas and allies so you can blitz through Stage 2 in one turn. Remember while you are on Stage 1 you can heal Wilyador without the card being removed from the game so if you have some healers use them then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Bullroarer Took wrote:
Spirit and Lore. You need to get Rhosgobel out of the staging area (via Northern Tracker etc.) before completing Stage 1. (You can't travel to it, but you can explore it.) Then you can lie low and build up the Athelas and allies so you can blitz through Stage 2 in one turn. Remember while you are on Stage 1 you can heal Wilyador without the card being removed from the game so if you have some healers use them then.

+1

This is the method I use with a deck comprised of Frodo, Spirit Glorfindel, and Elrond. Use threat reduction from the spirit cards to prolong the game and healing from lore to fix up the turkey. It also helps to add Burning Brands, as there are some nasty damage dealing shadow cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brock Landers
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A couple of these can help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brock Landers wrote:

A couple of these can help

Absolutely. Healing Herbs and Lore of Imladris make this scenario beatable solo. I find that I still require luck to get at least two Athelas. During my last play I found the second Athelas in round 16 and discarded Elrond to use with my last Lore of Imladris - exactly enough to win it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
birdkingz wrote:
Exhaustion + Festering Wounds 1 turn kill all my heroes + ally =.=
How u guys play this quest =.=!

i was going to offer some advice but since the heavyweights already posted (thanee and zwerg) then i see no point ;-)

btw mark (beave) please change your avatar, seeing your post put me in a memorylane trip thru those crazy hilarious farside comics and i cant take the thread seriously afterwards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.