Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You pay $3,000 ARCS for this Black Market card. The text says gain $2,000 ARCS and draw a card.

My question is from where do you draw the card? Most times a draw option means your own deck but in this case it only makes sense that it's the Black Market deck otherwise you're paying $1,000 ARCS (the difference between the cost of the card and what you get back) to draw a card from your own deck which makes no sense.

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thieves card goes into your deck. So every time you use it you get $2000 and you draw another card from your deck. So if you buy it early it will having given you $12000 or more by the end of the game without stuffing up your hand hardly at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
More generally, since you don't seem to be aware of this, *ANY* purchase from the Black Market deck goes into your hand. Cards you buy get used multiple times, every time they come into your hand. They're not one-time use events (unless it specifically says to remove it from the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow...completely missed that (Thieves Tools into your deck) and thanks Smoo for the general rule. I imagine there might be exceptions for cards that say "Permanent" like Trade Agreement though correct?

That one seems to need to go face up in the play area since it offers a once per beginning of round effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, permanent cards go to the table. (Technically, they go to your hand and then you immediately play them to the table... you could leave them in your hand, but why would you?)

The others go into your hand and are then discarded to your discard pile when used. You can use them again and again every time they are drawn back into your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lest you get all excited about these now, though, and start hording black market cards... remember, every black market card that you draw could have been a gang member. So watch your deck balance. Black market cards that allow a card draw when played are sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.