10 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Replenish Unit Order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian eisda
Malaysia
flag msg tools
From the rulebook, it states that one round of the game, when you need to create a new unit offer, you need take all unit cards currently in the offer and put them on the bottom of corresponding decks. But, it doesn't states that the order of how you put it to the bottom of the deck.

From my perspective, I felt that the order of how u put your unit back to the bottom of deck is important because you might eventually draw back the unit of the first round(especially 4 players game) and it might affect the results on the unit offer. So, my question is the moment i need to put it back to bottom of deck, do I grab the stack of the cards from left to right or right to left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although it may not be "official", I don't like the idea of the order of future cards being predictable and deterministic, so (unless someone objects) I put the "discarded" cards face up on the bottom of the pile, and when we get to them, I reshuffle the whole pile so that the recycled cards come up in a new, random order. Same for the AAs and spells.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manary Corte
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Best game of all time...
badge
...Twilight Imperium 3!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say shuffle the unit offer (and only the unit offer) before putting it back to the bottom of the deck.

This is because nobody can predict which units are coming to the offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donnie Clark
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it will be a house-rule, take your pick. I doubt very few people are bothered by such a granular preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian eisda
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Not really like your idea though. The rulebook mention clearly the unit put to bottom of the deck and it is indicate to tell you that you need to get back the original set of unit offer(start of the game) when the whole unit deck is finished draw. So I really need to someone can give me a clarify answer of this. I don't really like to play the game with setting the rules by myself. Or maybe just me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the official rule is that you have to get the designer of the game to fly to your location in order to specify the correct order to put the cards on the bottom of the deck.

Some of us find this impractical, which is why we consider various alternatives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Dvorkin
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much as I appreciate David's hilarious answer, I sympathize with the OP as well. The rules do indicate that if units are to be repeated, it should be something from the first offer that comes up.

My preferred solution is to buy the expansion, which adds enough units to the deck that this will rarely be a problem.

Failing that, I'd recommend following the rules as stated, just with the addition that you shuffle the leftover units before you put them at the bottom of the deck. This way, the first units to come up will still be the first units to come up again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Although it may not be "official", I don't like the idea of the order of future cards being predictable and deterministic, so (unless someone objects) I put the "discarded" cards face up on the bottom of the pile, and when we get to them, I reshuffle the whole pile so that the recycled cards come up in a new, random order. Same for the AAs and spells.

That's clever, I'm going to start using that too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally like to play such that every card has one chance of showing up through the entire deck cycle, but if you were to start over, I'd shuffle *everything*.

But I've never gotten anywhere near cycling one of the unit decks!

You guys aren't forgetting to use gold units when you reveal a core tile right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
isthar wrote:
I personally like to play such that every card has one chance of showing up through the entire deck cycle, but if you were to start over, I'd shuffle *everything*.

But I've never gotten anywhere near cycling one of the unit decks!

You guys aren't forgetting to use gold units when you reveal a core tile right?

If you play with four players, then you obviously go through a lot more units than if you play solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.