Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Canar
United States
Des Plaines
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject line pretty much says it all. Recently purchased a used copy, and the field appears to have been folded as much as rolled. If this were an equestrian type dexterity game, and you wanted stuff to jump over, it would be great. But for kicking a soccer ball across? Not so much.

I tried ironing it, and that seemed to help a bit. I've since rolled the field around a cardboard tube to see if that will help. I wouldn't go so far as to say its unplayable, but it's pretty rough.

Any other thoughts would be most appreciated.

thx in advance,
jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Poplawski
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Meetup.com Victoria German Language Meetup Group
badge
Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil.
mbmbmbmbmb
Creases are essentially impossible to fully eliminate, as they are damagege to the paper fibre.

Sounds like you've tried a few things already, but I'll suggest:

* ironing using steam/water
* gluing the field to a flat surface (plywood) and rolling it under pressure
* steaming the paper and then pressing it between two pieces of glass and waiting...

If you like the game, Mieg makes replacement fields of all different types. I have just have a cheap basic set myself, but they have ones mounted in various ways, and with side boards, too. A person could also fashion their own fields if they get creative, they would just have be attached to the field end rods to that the goal nets are anchored.

Hope you get better answers than this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Canar
United States
Des Plaines
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information,

I may end up making my own. Contacted Mieg and, even though they ship to Canada and Mexico, they don't ship to the US. Who knows why, but they don't. So getting a replacement board seems out.

I wish there were some distributor over here. I'd love to get a couple extra players and accessories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played two games against my daughter (5 min games) lost 0-1, won 3-2 in last seconds of the game! She's 10, loves it, less frustrating than Subbuteo for her, and more fun.

Australia had a distributor, but that was a few years ago. Still available - but never on sale! A friend saw a Classic set for $5 in a thrift shop but didn't buy it as it was missing the balls. D'oh! I'd love a few more figures so I could play 2 v 2 on a Subbuteo pitch. Anyway, I can help out if anyone wants the Classic set, but unsure how much postage would be to the US.

eBay has a large number of sellers from Germany, but postage seems ridiculous for the guy with the most stock. Alternatively, you can use Playmobil figures as they work the same way - I'd like to try the Tipp-Kick ball out on the Playmobil soccer stadium set. Or you can pick up Subbuteo felt pitches very cheaply, even though they're much too large. Probably better just making your own, and making it to Championship dimensions (around 5 cms longer than the Classic set).

Fun game, very accessible for kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.