Subject: HOTMAIL IS DEAD. LONG LIVE HOTMAIL. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Quote:
As of today, every single Hotmail account has been migrated to Outlook.com, Microsoft's newer and redesigned email experience.

Your Hotmail account will stay the same – people can continue emailing you at [your address]@hotmail.com – but the interface and experience no longer have a thing to do with the Hotmail name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'll continue to use my yahoo account. I don't like hotmail. I don't like outlook even more. It is my abandoned email account and even more so now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Quote:
As of today, every single Hotmail account has been migrated to Outlook.com, Microsoft's newer and redesigned email experience.

Your Hotmail account will stay the same – people can continue emailing you at [your address]@hotmail.com – but the interface and experience no longer have a thing to do with the Hotmail name.

I'm very happy with Hotmail. Honestly, however, I don't get the big whoop. Aside from colour changes, it's essentially the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been jonnylawless@hotmail.com since the dawn of time. I think my account gets roughly 200 spam emails a day now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mb
jonnylawless wrote:
I've been jonnylawless@hotmail.com since the dawn of time. I think my account gets roughly 200 spam emails a day now.

yep, that's my junk email account too. works great.

It's like a black hole for spam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:

//signs up for 200 more

bwhahaha

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Just curious:

Poll
I use
Hotmail
Yahoo
Google
ISP Domain
Other
      86 answers
Poll created by CrankyPants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyPants wrote:
Just curious:

Poll
I use
Hotmail
Yahoo
Google
ISP Domain
Other
      86 answers
I have google, hotmail and yahoo email addresses, (along with a few others), but google is my primary one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mb
spearjr wrote:
I have google, hotmail and yahoo email addresses, (along with a few others), but google is my primary one.
Kismet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If I was truly the product of “Intelligent Design,” I’m pretty sure my fingers would be smaller or my nose would be bigger.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmb
When I first got online ('96?) and set up an e-mail address, I used hotmail because it was handy. However, over time I noticed it was getting harder and harder to log in using my 14.4k baud modem (I bought it just as the 28.8k modems came out), probably due to a combination of my "slow" modem speed and the servers being swamped. I would have to try multiple times each day to get in, and sometimes I couldn't get in at all. This was not good when applying for jobs via e-mail.

Later I started using NetZero and I set up a pair of accounts identical to my hotmail addresses. I was able to get into NetZero anytime I wanted, plus they had a feature to import your address book and notify your friends of the change; which I did.

After a couple of months with NetZero and still having difficulty getting into hotmail, I stopped using hotmail and let the accounts languish. Last time I was able to get in they were filled to the brim with spam. I sorted through everything and sent another notification to anyone who still was sending me e-mail there, then changed the settings to indicate I was closing those addresses.

A couple of years later, when gmail first went public (after the initial "you have to have an invite from a current user" phase) I tried it out and discovered they had the best spam filters I'd seen. I quickly moved everything over to gmail, and have used it exclusively ever since.

The only time I've ever used Outlook was when it was the standard at my workplace, and I made sure to NEVER use the Preview Pane. Most of the folks at one employer did, and that's how the "I Love You" virus swamped our servers -- preview pane would automatically open the e-mail, which is what propagated the virus. I have never voluntarily used Outlook since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. People still have webmail that isn't gmail?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmb
Hotmail was my first email account when I started getting online back in '97. I still use it today, though I'd tempted every day to switch over my old contacts to my gmail account because I find the new outlook "improvements" annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hotmail was my first too. Used it since '94/'95 and still use it today.

It appears that the above image was written by someone @gmail so feels the need for self-loving, perhaps due to external ridicule for other failings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
MWChapel wrote:

ComScore's numbers from Summer 2012:

#1 = Hotmail with 325 million unique visitors
#2 = Yahoo with 298 million unique visitors
#3 = Gmail with 289 million unique visitors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

I have both and wildly prefer my yahoo even though the app is inferior
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
other than being forced to use hotmail by xbox....i dont think i have had an active hotmail since 1997
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
are you really forced to use hotmail with Microsoft accounts, I am quite sure I use my gmail adress as login to microsoft services ninja

I had a Hotmail account once, long before Microsoft took over.

(Work forces outlook though)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Honolulu
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gmail forever for me, but I also have a hotmail, and I think the redesign is actually pretty good. It has now become a modern email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

I was the first on my block to have a JUNO account.

Still use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

I was the first on my block to have a JUNO account.

Still use it.

I remember Juno. That is sad.

Yahoo is the most likely to be hacked into email, that got missed on that list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some dude
Netherlands
Groningen
There dismay took them, for at the gate was a guard of whom no tidings had yet gone forth.
flag msg tools
Swiftly the wolf grew, until he could creep into no den, but lay huge and hungry before the feet of Morgoth. There the fire and anguish of hell entered into him, and he became filled with a devouring spirit, tormented, terrible, and strong.
badge
Then swiftly all his inwards were filled with a flame of anguish, and the Silmaril seared his accursed flesh. Howling he led before them, and the walls of the valley of the Gate echoes with the clamour of his torment.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Yeah, i find that amazing as well

I had hotmail, but as soon as gmail came around i used that and never went back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
CrankyPants wrote:
Just curious:

Poll
I use
Hotmail
Yahoo
Google
ISP Domain
Other
      86 answers

Yah, and I have a work email addy, too. That is normal to have four email addresses, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chony McChuukface
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started out using GNN, but then they switched over to AOL.

I have gmail as my primary now with yahoo and my old AOL email still around.

I was going to cancel AOL a long time again, but they talked me in to keeping the email account for free and canceling the rest of AOL. I now use it as my Spam collector.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
The last couple times I have checked my hotmail address it was closed due to inactivity.

This only bothers me because it is possibly connected to an account somewhere, so it's a potential security risk for me.

But I can't be bothered to log in however frequently I would need to in order for them to not close it.

Anyway, gmail is far and away the best free email. Yahoo and Hotmail are terrible in comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.