Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Loopin' Louie w/Matt, Ike, Rowan, and Rob

So, when the LL hype came down the pike -- the rumors that this silly kids game had captivated hardened players at the renowned
"Gathering of Friends", I knew I wanted to get a copy. But, of course, copies were not easily found. When a version of the game
was released under the name "Barn Storming Goofy", I decided to give it a try, buying two copies to match Louie's four arms.
(Note: I actually rode on Barn Storming Goofy only three weeks ago -- at WDW. No resemblance to the games) But when we
played BBG, something seemed missing. Games would last far too long, and at times it seemed impossible to get the Goof-meister
over an opponent's paddle for a score. Something was wrong. Finally, I caught folks sleeping on eBay, and picked up a copy of
Loopin' Louie for $16. A rough comparison of BBG and LL showed where the problem likely lay -- the BBG paddle was about
3/4" closer to the arm than LL, making it a major challenge to score against someone who just sits with their paddle raised high.

So, we got out this "new" used copy of Louie, and decided to give it a try.

So, how did it go?

The Laughter!
The Shouting!
The Recriminations!
And the endless cries of "One more time!"

Yes, Louie lives up to the hype. An incredible game. Simple, easy to play. Somewhat difficult to master -- the delicate 1/4 loft; the
1/3 loft and bounce, and the even trickier 3/4 loop. And I don't know how many times I was able to loft a score on the player on my
right, and get a bounce score on the opposite player. I have no idea how that works, other than the momentary shock and resulting
coordination lapse that the opposite player has seeing a perfectly executed 1/4 loft. And it was a really neat feeling making that 1/4
shot, because the moment I would make a good one, I knew it, even before Louie descended on the opponent's disk.

And everyone won at least one game (although one person won their only game with the "baby" paddles -- not telling who), and
nobody knows how many games we played. But, there were cries of "One More..." up to the moment of the witching hour when
folks Had To Leave.

That's gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.