Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddy Bee
United States
Marin County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to confirm my understanding of how Roles are distributed to the players.

Let's take the Director of Commerce as an example. The rules state: "Is the player with the most caravans and markets in their proviences."

I'm assuming this means only the caravans and markets in provinces with your influence markers are counted, and NOT caravans and markets that you occupy with your legions in enemy controlled provinces. Is that correct?

Later in the rules, whenever a reference is made to Role distribution, the "in their provinces" phrase is never mentioned, which is what led me to ask the question.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that occupied caravans and markets count towards Director of Commerce for the occupying player, and not for the occupied player. Of course, we could be playing wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
goo Phillip is correct. From the Note at the top of pg. 6 of the BASIC rules--"When calculating the Roles (Director of Commerce, Military Leader, and Political Leader) at the start of the next turn, be sure to give points to legions occupying a caravan or city INSTEAD of the owner of the province." The emphasis is Laget's. I find nothing in the expansion rulebook to contradict this. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.