Popular Tags: [View All]
Igor Mascarenhas
Brazil
Teixeira de Freitas
Bahia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put the game on table this week and seems pretty good. I also changed some things in my re-design, like add a marquer to alarm on player board and a slot to common dice poll and translated everything to portuguese.

But theres a adoubt, If A guard roll to turn 180º and then face to the wall. next turn he roll a move, he remain facing the wall or could I turn him left or right and make the move by what I think that is right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rajatz wrote:
I put the game on table this week and seems pretty good. I also changed some things in my re-design, like add a marquer to alarm on player board and a slot to common dice poll and translated everything to portuguese.

But theres a adoubt, If A guard roll to turn 180º and then face to the wall. next turn he roll a move, he remain facing the wall or could I turn him left or right and make the move by what I think that is right?

Hi Igor, I saw your redesign, and I like it a lot, and look forward to seeing more of it.

On to your question: when a guard moves, he will look in the direction of the arrow he just moved by (no matter the facing he had before moving).
So, for example, if the guard moved from left to right, he will look right (or East); if he moved from and area to area below it, he will face down (or south), and so on.
It is not only logical, but easier to track, as it's indicated by the arrows on the map tiles (for green and yellow guards)

Hope this clears things for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Mascarenhas
Brazil
Teixeira de Freitas
Bahia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ye the arrows looks pretty clear, but i was afraid to ignore the position where the guards was facing. Thanks

about re-design. Its done, looks like I want. Now i'm translating to portuguese to play with my dad and girlfriend

Could I make another question?
I'm kind shame in asking but I'll do anyway.

If theres a guard in corridors in area 2 (abstract example) of the tile and in area 3 theres a shadow icon. I'm in area 1 with 1 dice to movement, theres pretty bad to run into shadow icon before he see me? I thought that because, since i'm act first, he will only notice me when I had done my action. Which in this case results and no reaction since i'm in shadows out of his LoS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rajatz wrote:

If theres a guard in corridors in area 2 (abstract example) of the tile and in area 3 theres a shadow icon. I'm in area 1 with 1 dice to movement, theres pretty bad to run into shadow icon before he see me? I thought that because, since i'm act first, he will only notice me when I had done my action. Which in this case results and no reaction since i'm in shadows out of his LoS

Guard reactions only happen during the guard activation phase, so if you move within a guard's LOS during the agents' phase, nothing happens.
You'll check reactions during the guard activation phase, and if you are still in their LoS, they will react; otherwise, you should be fine.

But remember: if you move into of a guard's area, your agent suffers 1 automatic wound (page 11 of the rulebook), this to show that the guards are not THAT stupid to let the agent pass by without trying to stop him in a way or another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Mascarenhas
Brazil
Teixeira de Freitas
Bahia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikim wrote:
rajatz wrote:

Guard reactions only happen during the guard activation phase, so if you move within a guard's LOS during the agents' phase, nothing happens.
You'll check reactions during the guard activation phase, and if you are still in their LoS, they will react; otherwise, you should be fine.

But remember: if you move into of a guard's area, your agent suffers 1 automatic wound (page 11 of the rulebook), this to show that the guards are not THAT stupid to let the agent pass by without trying to stop him in a way or another.

Thanks a lot to answers my doubts too quickly. Was my real play yesterday and seems I forgot some issues that could killed me. But now i'm a better agent and will face the first mission again.

The learn session is done, time to action!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.