Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick W
Canada
North Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So with Long John Silver's parrot you fire 6 shots regardless of cannon or crew numbers?

With Billy Bones' parrot you fire as many shots as you have cannons regardless of crew numbers?

Can someone let me know if this is correct? Seems like Long John had a way better parrot....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike N.
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct. Long John's Parrot is better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering Long John Silver was behind Billy Bones' death... who do you think had the better parrot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick W
Canada
North Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice. thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
Ah, but if your opponent with Long John Silver's Parrot is nursing a lower crew number, watch his face fall as you play Grappling Attack...

The way that we play, Battle Cards trump Parrots' abilities when they intersect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so you know, that is in direct opposition to the rules: "Long John Silver’s parrot – “Pieces of Eight” – Always roll
6 dice in combat. Long John Silver’s parrot supersedes the
effect of a Grapple attack Battle card."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
GreedyAlgorithm wrote:
Just so you know, that is in direct opposition to the rules: "Long John Silver’s parrot – “Pieces of Eight” – Always roll
6 dice in combat. Long John Silver’s parrot supersedes the
effect of a Grapple attack Battle card."

Also, from the description of the "Grapple attack" card on page 12 of the rule book: "...Billy Bones and Long John Silver's parrots supersede the effect of any grapple attack."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.