Tomasz Dobosz
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have a few questions about cards:

1. Atrocitus first appearance - players has to put a chosen card under their Super Hero card. After Atrocitus is defeated, who gets those cards? All of them goes to the player who defeated Artocitus? Or do they return to their original owners deck?

2. Joker first appearance and defense against it - if I play a defense card against Joker first attack, I do not get a card from a player from my right, nor put a card to the player to my left? In this case it is like there is one player less then normal (so in 2 player game, no card movement is done)?

3. Giving a card from hand/discard to other players and Weakness - If a card, or effect tells me to give a card chosen by me to other player (like the Joker first appearance), can I choose a Weakness card and give it to that player?

4. J'ONN J'ONNZ ability - That ability says: "Play a top card of the Super-Villain stack, then return it to the top of the stack". Is it the visible Super Villain that is waiting for being defeated, or the first hidden card from this stack?

5. Super Villain First Appearance Attacks - if I get it correctly, those attacks plays only when Super Villain is first time flipped from his stack. When defeated and played from hand, those attacks does not count?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambit_GGK wrote:
Hi,

1. Atrocitus first appearance - players has to put a chosen card under their Super Hero card. After Atrocitus is defeated, who gets those cards? All of them goes to the player who defeated Artocitus? Or do they return to their original owners deck?

2. Joker first appearance and defense against it - if I play a defense card against Joker first attack, I do not get a card from a player from my right, nor put a card to the player to my left? In this case it is like there is one player less then normal (so in 2 player game, no card movement is done)?

3. Giving a card from hand/discard to other players and Weakness - If a card, or effect tells me to give a card chosen by me to other player (like the Joker first appearance), can I choose a Weakness card and give it to that player?

4. J'ONN J'ONNZ ability - That ability says: "Play a top card of the Super-Villain stack, then return it to the top of the stack". Is it the visible Super Villain that is waiting for being defeated, or the first hidden card from this stack?

5. Super Villain First Appearance Attacks - if I get it correctly, those attacks plays only when Super Villain is first time flipped from his stack. When defeated and played from hand, those attacks does not count?

1- Back to the original owner.
2- Correct.
3- Yes.
4- Not sure.
5- correct again.

At least, this might get you going for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ronaldo wrote:
Gambit_GGK wrote:
Hi,

1- Back to the original owner.
2- Correct.
3- Yes.
4- Not sure.
5- correct again.

At least, this might get you going for now.

1. Put the card on top of the original owner's deck.

4. The top card = the one that smiling/staring/grimacing at you, ie, the one that's face-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Dobosz
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Back to its original owner. You just pull it out from under your character card and put it on top of your deck.
Also worth remembering: you don't choose the card, it's a random card from your hand.

2. Yeah, you're skipped entirely. A single Defense entirely foils the Joker in a 2-player game.

3. Yes, why wouldn't you be able to?

4. It's the Super Villain who's currently available for pummeling.

5. That's right. That's why they're "First Appearance" Attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
josh yu
msg tools
2. I don't agree with everyone about defending joker's first appearance. You defended against what the card tells you what to do.
Example:

I defend against Joker's first appearance attack with blue beetle. I do not give a card from my hand.

Player to my right did not defend. Therefore he must give a card to the discard pile on his left, me. He places batmobile on my discard pile.

Since I defended, I do not receive a weakness on top of my deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Superjin wrote:
2. I don't agree with everyone about defending joker's first appearance. You defended against what the card tells you what to do.
Example:

I defend against Joker's first appearance attack with blue beetle. I do not give a card from my hand.

Player to my right did not defend. Therefore he must give a card to the discard pile on his left, me. He places batmobile on my discard pile.

Since I defended, I do not receive a weakness on top of my deck.

Actually, Jlerpy is correct. It is written in the rule book under the Joker clarification that if a player defends against Joker's first appearance, he/she does not pass or receive a card. He is completely skipped and the card that he would receive is given to the next player to the left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Reznor
msg tools
mb
Ronaldo wrote:
[q="Superjin"]
Actually, Jlerpy is correct. It is written in the rule book under the Joker clarification that if a player defends against Joker's first appearance, he/she does not pass or receive a card. He is completely skipped and the card that he would receive is given to the next player to the left.

But the player not defending has to put a card in his own discard pile , right? If you can't defend you have to suffer some consequence. You can't just luck out on other players defenses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
9inchnail wrote:
Ronaldo wrote:
[q="Superjin"]

But the player not defending has to put a card in his own discard pile , right? If you can't defend you have to suffer some consequence. You can't just luck out on other players defenses.

This is a great question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.