GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,368 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Samurai Sword» Forums » Variants

Subject: Using samurai Sword rules on bang rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey,

I read the rules for Samurai Sword and I don't think its worth getting this game if you already have bang as I do. Still I wonder if one just can't use the samurai rules on bang.
I like all the honor point rules (which can easily be used for band by taking some other kind of marker), I like the end game conditions and that you stay in play as well as the drawing the different amount of cards depending on the seating.

Did anyone tried to use the samurai sword rules combined with the normal band?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only problem I can see is that in Bang, most of the weapons allow you to fire a single shot. In Samurai Sword, it is possible for every player to play multiple weapon cards provided they draw the correct cards.

It'd be difficult to kill people more than once given the types of weapons in Bang. With the large number of Beer and Saloon cards, I think you might wind up always finishing the game by losing honor through reshuffling the discard pile...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should mention as well that I own both Bang! and Samurai Sword. Having played both with my game group at school, I can report that while my students like Bang!, they love Samurai Sword. It gets requested almost every week. They are actually fairly different games, and given the relatively low cost of Samurai Sword, I can recommend owning both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this one:
Playing Bang! with Samurai Sword rules variant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.