Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: HOw much mana during a turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gabriele romagnoli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've a fairly simple question that even tough it is not clear to me.
If i understood correctly i can use only 1 mana from the source per turn and as much crystal from my inventory as i want. Correct?

In some cases i can get 2 mana token ..... can i use them both in my turn? is that in addition to the crystal or the mana from the source?

thanks in advance for the answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have enough different abilities that generate mana and ways to use it, you might generate 10 mana tokens in a single turn and use them all. There is no limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gabriele romagnoli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok great, but i can still use ONLY one mana from the source. To that i can add all the one i've from my inventory or additional i can create with card effect!

thank you very much David!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always use one die from the Source on your turn. Some abilities let you use additional dice from the source. Other abilities generate mana tokens that you can use on the turn that you generate them. Also, you can use crystals from your inventory. All three sources of mana can be used as much as you want, subject to the amount you have available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and of course don't forget; using a crystal, as well as all mana tokens you used (or did not use) all disappear at the end of your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gabriele romagnoli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
awsome we have been playing right!
thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David is correct in the use of mana, but just to be a bit more pedantic (since sometimes it's easy to get confused when new to the game):

You can use any of the following:

* 1 mana die from the source (possibly more if a card's ability states such)
* An unlimited number of mana tokens that were earned in the current turn
* Any mana crystals that you have earned, either earlier that turn or earlier in the game. At any one time, you can only have a maximum of 3 mana crystals per color.

When the game says to gain a mana token, it goes in your play area for use that turn and not on your card. When you gain a mana crystal, it goes on your card if it would not bring your total crystals for that color above 3, or in your play area as a token if you already have 3 unused crystals of that color.

At the end of the turn, in the same step as discarding played cards (cleanup phase), discard all mana tokens, whether they were used or not. Also, discard any used mana crystals. Mana crystals that were unused stay on your card for future rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc D
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
butsam wrote:

When the game says to gain a mana token, it goes in your play area for use that round and not on your card.

Just one point of clarification: the mana token disappears at the end of your turn, not the day/night round. You mention this in your description of the cleanup, but the above statement confuses the issue a bit. So you only have it to use the turn you gain the token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, thanks for pointing that out; I edited it above to banish the word round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
splanchnic wrote:
the mana token disappears at the end of your turn, not the day/night round.

The use of "round" for day/night was a definite error IMO (no H). But nobody's perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.