GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,385 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Big thumbs up for Shire Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Just wanted to publicly give a big thanks to Shire Games (http://www.shiregames.com/) in the UK. They can tend to go a bit ignored in discussions of the big UK online retailers, mostly because their prices tend to be a tad higher than IG or GamesLore. But, they do free shipping on all orders over £50 and their bulk-order discount is a lot better than other places: 15% off at the checkout for spending over £250. So if you're making a big purchase, they often work out cheaper.

This in mind, I wanted to make such a purchase the start of this month, but I was also after a copy of Space Cadets. No-one in the UK seems to have it in stock, it's going for £88 on Amazon at the moment, so I dropped them an e-mail to see if they knew when it was going to be back in stock, on the basis that it was probably worth holding off on a big order if it were only going to be a couple of weeks.

Turns out, they didn't know, it wasn't on the distributor lists, so it might be a while. BUT, they had a copy in store that wasn't on the website, as it was in their damaged section, the bottom of the box being creased. Not only did they offer me this, but offered me it at a substantial discount on the list price (for what proved to be barely a dent - the copy of Android I got from Buy-For-Less-Online via Amazon the same day was far more beat-up and at no discount) and even took it off the shelf and put it aside for me for a week until I was ready to finalize my order.

In conclusion, they're well worth checking out, especially if you want to buy a bunch of games at once. I've tried a bunch of different online UK retailers since getting back into the hobby at the start of the year, and Shire have been by far the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.