Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm excited to finally get some Regionals play in. In fact, I'm so excited that I misunderstood the store's Facebook post to mean that the tournament started at 10am. So this morning I got up early(-ish) for the 90-minute drive, only to learn that registration does indeed start at 10, but the tourney itself isn't until 2pm.

Fortunately Lansing is a nice town, and the FLGS is half a mile from a Barnes & Noble (and their free wi-fi). So, protip for those who haven't started their Regionals play yet: call or e-mail before you leave home. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortunately I did call ahead to my tourney host because they had to move it from a Saturday to Sunday. I would not have been happy finding that out after driving an hour.

Have fun and May the Fourth be with you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll finally get to meet the legendary Vorpal! Exciting.

Yea, Evolution is in a pretty neat part of Lansing, in the sense that's there's a ton of stuff really close to it. On your way home tonight, you should definitely hit up Horrock's (a little further west) for some amazing cheeses, wines, and beers. Anywho, I suppose I should start heading on over their myself. I keep dallying hoping that the news on Wave 3 from FFG will pop up here soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
I had put my local Regionals in my calendar as starting at 3pm. The morning of the tournament, I decided to double check, and it actually started at noon! Good thing I checked, or I would have missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brinkman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Funny the regional I went to yesterday I had a similar thing. Drove the 50 miles to be there at 9:30 for a 10am tourney. Poor guy had posted it with a noon start by accident on his facebook and changed it to be correct the night before. At 10:30am there was only my nephew and I there. Looked like it was going to be a quick show. However we waited till noon to give time for everyone to show up. Fortunatly he has a nice huge store with a full basement for gaming and we met some nice folks and hung out discussing strategies.

(I won the regional my nephew took second)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.