Popular Tags: [View All]
François + Daphné
Canada
Saint-Hyacinthe
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will play Ristorante Italia mostly as a 2-player game.

Sadly, I think there is a lot of opportunities for ties : 3 critic rounds, 4 VIP rounds, a Taste Guide round, an Economy Prize, and the National Cooking Tournament...

And there is a lot of steps to tell the players apart : position on the cook-o-meter, highest prestige card, highest income card, turn order... And the turn order is determined according to the position on the cook-o-meter, so it is possible to still have a tie...

Our second game, in the first critic round : same score, so...
It went down to a difference of one coin on the best recipe. I got 3 points, my opponent got 2 points. Since the position on the cook-o-meter is the first tie-breaker, I then won the tie of the first bidding (yes, it really was a tie), and I won one then two golden spoons in two more ties at the end of the game. So for one coin at the start of the game, everything was in my favor after that.

I think we will try to split the ties instead of breaking them. We will both get half-stars and half-spoons worth 5 points if need be. We will see how it goes...

Anybody has a suggestion or something to share? Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking about this game, is it good one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François + Daphné
Canada
Saint-Hyacinthe
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at your collection; our tastes differ.

It is a friendly game, colorful, with an original theme. It has potential as a "medium" game in my collection. There is a basic version, and a more interesting advanced version, with more decisions to make each turn.

We played twice, and will try it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.