Subject: Variant: Destroying Evidence and Intimidating the Witness rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Hammond
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
Here is another variant I have come up with. These events will make even evidence you have already gathered be susceptible to being lost. Basically it is 2 new event cards.

Both will be purple events.

First one replaces the Internal Affairs Investigation event and becomes a purple emergency with a 5.

Emergency at the precinct. Dirty cops inside the precinct destroy evidence gathered.

Place this card at the precinct. If you fail, take one piece of evidence and all previously removed Nothing Yet cards and shuffle back into the crime scene evidence deck. The murderer cannot be arrested until this emergency is resolved and this emergency cannot be removed by any other means than a success. (Do not move an urgent marker to this card nor move crime track marker due to this emergency)

Second one replaces one of the Crime Wave events and becomes a purple emergency with a 5.

Intimidating the witnesses. Neighborhood punks intimidate witnesses causing them to recant their testimony.

Place this card at the apartment with the interview witness deck (If another emergency is here roll and move the previously placed event to the new random apartment). If you fail, take one witness statement and all formerly removed Nobody Home cards and shuffle back into the interview witness deck. The murderer cannot be arrested until this emergency is resolved and this emergency cannot be removed by any other means than a success. (Do not move an urgent marker to this card nor move crime track marker due to this emergency)

We played 4 games with these two new events and lost 3. The events themselves were not hard to deal with because we saved everything we could so we could deal with them when they arrived. It was the threat of them occurring that changed the game. We tried to wait and find the evidence in these 2 decks until the events had passed. But if the events occurred late in the deck we had trouble. We were also saving or using resources for these two events when those resources could have been used elsewhere.

Having Pierce in the game will help as the Federal Agents can handle one of them.

As always, anyone is free to use (Karl) or change as desired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Todd!!!

check this out...

http://www.commonman.com/brain-storming/

It is linked from the bottom of our rules page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Hammond
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
That's neat. Thanks. Should you have more there? I think someone had the idea of putting donuts on the donut shop and you could take one for an action. And there are more I think from back in January and February. Or maybe you've already considered those as no longer new?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question!

Here's what I was thinking...

The webpage would be for links based on full-complete ideas that are created near the time of, and any time after, our "Call to Action" on this subject...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/970195/play-testers-needed

My memory of the older posts is that they are...

In many cases, GREAT ideas!!!

But, generally not written in a pure "Rules" format. Meaning that if someone read the variant/expansion idea, it would sound general in nature, and not totally clear exactly how to play test it.

(I'm hoping for posts that are written like a mini-rule-book)

Now, having said that...

I need to go back and re-read those older posts to be sure that what I just said is accurate.

What I hope for with regard to this webpage is that anyone interested in Play-testing can go there any time and see what is available, and dive right into a game with no questions lingering.

That person (play-tester) could then offer feedback to the designer of that variant / expansion (via the thread), allowing for the designer to tweak as needed.

This let's anyone get involved in a way that suites them best (designer or Play-tester or _____).

I can also see certain people being "general idea machines". They might create a thread (or comment on someone else's thread) with a general idea. So this sort of person might not be great at refining an idea, but more so at, creating the ideas that inspire a person who is good at writing rules to complete that idea into a finish product (so-to-speak).

It's those finished products that we are looking to link from the website.

Many of the prior threads have been noted (by us) to follow up on.

We here at CMG fully intend to do that.

We have a giant list of ideas (many of which came from the BGG community).

I should point out that Ole also has a massive backlog of ideas, and many are in finished form.

Suffice it to say, that...

There will be an endless supply of new things coming out for Police Precinct.

I should point out that...

It is bits and pieces of prior threads that inspired Super-Cops. I definitely stole things from others. If we end up publishing it, I hope I can remember who inspired different parts, as I would love to give credit where credit is due.

PS - I do plan to mine old posts for more ideas. There are some real gems that have not yet been followed up on.

All in good time.

Stay Tuned!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls