Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
after month of thinking i ended up buying Nexus ops and Carcassonne. i must say that i'm very pleased with both desicions and i love both games very, very much.

Carcasssonne is light-medium game in my opinion akthough some people will say it's lght. the rules of the gmae are quite simple only 4 short rules pages with pictures. the game is for 2-5 players and can be played easily with any number of players. the game can fit can fit both little children and adults and will be fun for both. at the end of each game i just sigh and look at the beautiful board me and my opponents created and i ask them to wait one monute before we start i new game .

as i said the rules of the game are very simple. each player has his turn that is divided to 3 phases. after all the phases are done it's the next player's turn. the phases are
1. draw and put a tile.
2. put meeple (optional).
3. score points and get meeples back (optional).

each player in his turn must put a tile down. he must connect the tile to other tile horizentally or vertically. when you put the tile it must make sense, thus road could connect to road only, field to field and city to city. note: most of the tiles are combined thus have 2 or more from one of these: fields, temples, cities and roads.

after you putted the tile you may on that tile (you may not put on any other tile) 1 meeple (not more) if the tile is combined you must decide on where the meeple will be. so for example if you draw a tile that has a field and city you must decide if to put the meeple in the field on in the city. there are some more rules on putting meeples although i prefer not to get into it.

at last if you tile completed a city, road or temple that are yours you score points and get the meeple that was on the city/road/temple. there are of course rules saying when is each of them completed and how much points you get for each one.

coclusion: becuase each player control only 7 meeples you must wisely decide where to put each one and when.

after the last tile had bben placed the game is over and each player counts points for fields and uncompleted cities/roads/temples. in general you get less scores for uncompleted projects. fields are scored in the end only, thus if you putted a meeple on a field you can't use it again druing this turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.