Thumb up
2 Posts

Huzzah!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules: Points vs Crowd? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Dial
msg tools
As suggested we are using the crowd counters also as the way of keeping score.

The Huzzah! card rewards you with 12 points if Richard is there and penalizes you "3 crowd" if he is not there. In the concept of the game this would seem to mean that 3 counters are removed from the audience. That would mean that if there are no audience members or less than 3 then the penalty would only be applied to the audience members present; no audience, no penalty. No points are lost, only potential points. Sound right?

The Crowd cards allow you to add audience or, if Richard is present, to lose points. As we understand it if you lose points and you have not yet had a Finale, you would have negative points until a positive Finale can be accomplished. With the former we are losing crowd (markers) and with the latter we are losing points (the total toward winning/rehire). The terms Points and Crowd are not always interchangeable. Sound right?

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ernest
United States
flag msg tools
Hi, Jeff.

Yes, points and crowd are distinct values. Points are your (mostly) permanent score, and crowd is the people gathered around you on the board.

So, if you are hit with a penalty of 3 crowd, and you have fewer than 3 to lose, you lose only those. You don't lose points.

If you are penalized in points, that comes directly off your score. However, the rules don't specifically mention negative points, so I think the lowest your score can go would be zero. That's probably how we played at the time (and it has been, oh, at least 12 years).

I'll take another look at that when I redo the game. Whenever that is...

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.