Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Great forum here, didn't see this artwork forum yet. I'm Corné van Moorsel, publisher of the Cwali games (www.cwali.nl) and I search for artist(s) for 2 different games, both to produce this summer and release in October or earlier.
Now I can look in threads here and contact artists, or I place the job opportunity (if that is the right English term) here. I choose for that option. I use the check-list found in this forum, and descripe the type of game.

- Theme of projects: Current time themes. Combi of gamers game and family game. Like most Cwali games, see link above.
- I look for artists who are good in making the prepress files too. I mean the files for knifelines for punching tiles, placing all graphics in pressfiles, with bleeding margins, inner margins, layouting the rulebook and box, everything. (Though only artwork files is possible too, then other will do the layouting here.)
- I always pay a fixed and a variable part. The variable part is a percentage of sales (income) of the game. With the games now, funded crowdfund options will be an extra variable part. The fixed part is based on what the work for this game is, which I make clear to you at the start of the project. So it's fixed, no hour declaration.
(You get 12 copies of the final game.)
- Deadline: Crowdfund campaigns is next month, final boards/tiles/cards files in July. Box and rulebook files in August.
- Rights with the artwork: For my Cwali games these right are unlimited. For reprint at other publisher I will have no rights. So: A reprint at other publisher with the same artwork is only possible if you and I both agree.

The 2 projects, named here by their working titles Factory Fever and KL-886:

--- Factory Fever:
It's a kind of follow-up on Factory Fun. Have a look at that link, because I liked the artwork in both the 2006 and 2010 versions. Since Factory Fever will be a follow-up, a similar style would be good, but different is possible too.
Game has for each player a gameboard and different tiles. Amount of work for this game should be under average for a boardgame.
About the game: What it has in common with Factory Fun is that it is a deep puzzle game too, players play simultaneous too, you build on your own board too, and the "pillar" is horrable for planning again (though now you allocate it self during the game), and more ... but ... it's a totally different game! The core mechanics I must hold secret here now.

--- KL-886:
Is something completely different.
For this game I look for an artist who can paint realistic.
"Type of game": Suspicion, convincing, communication, but deep logic thinking too. Exciting! It's a team play (without knowing who is in your team) deduction game. But in contrast to for example Werewolf your deduction logics are based on real information (though lies screw that, which makes the logics deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep).
Theme: All players (5-8) are members of an airplane crew. The pilot just died (poisoned??) and the crew members think there are infiltrators amongst them. Everyone knows a bit about a few other crew members, and during the game about others too, and tell what they know because by adding up the information during the game you can know who are the infiltrators ... if the infiltrators self would tell the trueth too. Of course they lie sometimes, which is risky because that often makes that other players know that you are an infiltrator and tell that. Then of course you say he/she is an infiltrator self. So that others know one of you must be an infiltrator, or you both play a great "offer act". And so on. Lots of communication, though in theory no-one has to speak. But you will. Sorry, I'm excited about this game. I must not tell the core rules here yet.
The game consists of 51 cards and 32 small tiles.
- 2 crew member pictures divided over 24 cards.
- 8 cards (in player colors) with a punching arm at one side and a defending hand at the other.
- 9 special ability cards.
- 1 skirmish card.
- 4 cards with a "benefit of the doubt" and a "reliable" side.
- 5 cockpit entrance cards.
- The 32 tiles (8 player colors) all have an "honost crew" and an "infiltrator" side.
I count now 18 different card side pictures, incl. the 9 special abilities. 4 with a crew member picture. And many with an arm or hand and so. For example: one special ability card you can place at a player of your choice at a moment of your choice making that this player must be silent until the active player made a choice. On the card should be a hand placed before one's mouth. The people, hands, arm, and so on should look realistic.

Both games should go through the roof in crowdfund campaigns.

I got business cards and email addresses from many great artists over the years. Sorry that I'm clumsy with storing emails and business cards. So you can reply too.

Please send me a PM if you think you can do one of these games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan M
msg tools
Message sent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the few responses so far.

For KL-886 I think I contacted a great, but unexperienced, artist. Not certain yet.

For Factory Fever I hope to get a few replies to compare styles.
Feel free to contact me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra van Berkum
Netherlands
Bennekom
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
It's too bad that my style isn't very useful for these both games (especially because you're Dutch as well, it might come in handy witch communication), but I think it's great that you are looking for an artist here and are giving such a detailed description of everything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Soto
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.pedrosoto.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Corné, you have a geekmail!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Mertens
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
KL-886
Last night Corné gave us the opportunity to learn more about it;
comparing the game with 'Resistance' or 'Werewolf' we were touched by - besides the fun - it's logical, more deductive approach. It worked fine with 5 and 6 players; hopefully you will hear/see more about it during following week(s).
The cockpit crew we were forming awaits your input to mediate an oppressive/impressive feeling about skirmishing/struggling/escaping out of the mass above the clouds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For KL-886 (working title) I found an excellent artist in this forum. She started already.
For Factory Fever I speak an other artist currently, so your reply for that is still welcome.

Thanks for the messages. I think I got 6 or 7 replies. I didn't answer all yet because when I currently speak about it with one I can't say much. I will reply all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
KL-886 changed name to Mayday-Mayday. You can see the artwork there, as it progresses. Okay, let's place the first complete pictures here. (all pictures could change) I will add artist name to database here. In the pictures you see the Honest crew card and the Infiltrators card. (A reason to make these only different in "details" is that the role is less clear for if you get a glimpse on the card by accident.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For Factory Fever the planned artist just canceled.

So I'm looking for an enthousiast artist who has time next weeks/months!

The theme you can read in the game description. Each player manages a factory warehouse floor. The theme is a follow-up on Factory Fun. With that game people had doubts if a factory theme is attractive. This game should top that.

I liked the artwork in both the 2006 and 2010 versions of Factory Fun. A similar style would be good, but different is possible too.

Artwork for the game:
- 8 gameboard sides. Each side has the same princip, but the shape of the floor is each time different. (Compare to the 10 factory floors in Factory Fun. Now it plays on hexagons.)
- 14 "different" hexagonal tiles with: 5 with different products (5 colors) / 1 mixture product / 5 with conveyors / 1 very dangerous product / 1 pillar / 1 endproduct can.
That's all artwork in the game. Box of course. A scorepad is in the game. Rulebook of course. But layout work can eventually get done by others.

It's time to start with the artwork, so I hope to get reply quick. You can best PM me.

In past years I got many business cards and emails from artists. Sorry that I'm clumsy in storing the cards and addresses. (I'm better in storing the factory stock.) So you can reply too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.