Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Montgomery
United States
Otisville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a cursory search through the threads, but I didn't see anything to answer this question. When a card references the number of Hoth objectives with the new force packs, does that count the number of objectives with the printed trait "Hoth" or does it include all objectives that are from the Hoth force packs?

I assume that it is the former, but I wanted to check as it impacts some of the decisions on my current deck.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These effects are only counting the objectives that are in play that have the Hoth trait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hack
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
NMUWildcat027 wrote:
When a card references the number of Hoth objectives with the new force packs, does that count the number of objectives with the printed trait "Hoth" or does it include all objectives that are from the Hoth force packs?

PBrennan wrote:
These effects are only counting the objectives that are in play that have the Hoth trait.

So if you have three objectives in play with the Hoth trait listed, keep in mind that the Echo Base enhancement has text that states:
You are considered to control 1 additional Hoth objective.

With that enhancement on the board, that means that you will be considered as having four Hoth objectives, which would give any Wilderness Fighters units on the board four Unit damage icons in addition to their existing edge dependent Blast damage icons.

That's a pretty sweet combo, IMHO!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are right. And yes, it is.

it makes them a rather good defensive unit, whereas just as they are without that bonus, they are pretty much offense only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.