Subject: Deck building? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may find mixing Jedis with Smugglers and Spies a good idea. There are a bunch of Light Side deck examples on cardgamedb.com that might be of help to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Like you I have but one core and the two released Hoth packs. I agree that cardgamedb.com has some great hints at strategy. The three objective sets below are ones I find to be indispensible for those of us with 1 core game.

One of my favorite objective sets is "Last Minute Rescue" (#6/Jedi). It's all about healing or bringing back cards that were left for dead. "Redemption" is a capital ship that can wreak havoc if you win the edge battle and can bring back a beloved character with it's interrupt (something very useful for players with only one core set) and it has 3 force icons. "Return of the Jedi" can also bring back a beloved card. "Emergency Repair" is another one which will help you keep damage down on a favorite objective. The biggest issue with this objective set is that is is resource depleting, so you'll have to get your economy rolling.

The "In you must go" ojective set (#2/Jedi) is another one of my favorites and, unlike "Last minute rescue", is quite resource savvy. "Yoda" is a fairly inexpensive card that, once committed to the force, will keep the balance kept to the light side with his five force icons."Counter-stroke" is a great card to have on hand when the DS player comes at you with a particularly gamechanging event card. This set is pretty much mandatory if you are going up against an opponent that you think will have "Emperor Palpatine" in his deck.

The "Sensors are placed" objective (#43/Rebel) is another cost effective set that provides some seriously good defenses, especially against Navy. In fact, "First marker" (cost 0) makes it so vehicles can't target the enhanced objective (take that Devastator!). Throw in an "Echo base" and the help you get in the edge battle from the objective card itself, and you have a pretty handy defensive set. Of course, as you know, you'll have to bring in some hitters on offense too since the LS is really up against the clock and can't afford to just be defensive, which is where the sets with Home One, Leia and Red Five come in... I just wanted to plug these three in particular because I've had success with them against others with 1 core game.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With one core set take the 7 Jedi sets, add in set 15 Han Solo, and use the A Message from Beyond objective set x2 from Desolation of Hoth to use the Old Ben's Spirit to help you keep Han, Luke and Yoda alive and on the board. With only one copy of the core set Old Ben's Spirit becomes even more important as you don't have the fall back of potentially drawing another copy of your "big guys".

Return of the Jedi is also great when used with Obi-Wan, use Obi-Wan to win an Edge battle and then Return of the Jedi him in to play. Cheaper than buying him out of your hand.

So decklist would be 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,15,37,37.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.