7 Posts

Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Duro rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niels van Egmond
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I tried to use Duro's "Brotherhood" ability to rescue a gladiator from a '1' death roll during heal injury. Can it be done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe since the wording is when a Gladiator is killed, and doesn't specify killed in the arena, that this would be legit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward B.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems against the spirit of the power, but I wouldn't argue over it during a game if a player wanted to use it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M de Boer
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says; "On a roll of a 1, the Gladiator or Slave has died
from their Injury...".

"got killed from a injury" seems a little strange

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it as if it says "during a fight", but I haven't seen any ruling on the question. Playing the rules as we see them, you may interpret that he can die for a sick person!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
We had an interesting situation come up on Wednesday when we played. I had the Thing in the Pit, which lost a battle and was injured. The Host 'thumbed him down', so he died, but I had Duro, so he died instead. However, The Thing was still injured, and didn't play a big part in the game from then on. A doctor prevented him from dying, but I think the die I used for his recovery roll must have been marked 1 - 3, rather than 1 - 6!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
The official answer can be found here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.