GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,435 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Echo caverns better than I though rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend and I played yesterday, and he made a rebel/smuggler deck with the new smuggler objective from search for skywalker.

I had seen ffg's preview of the expansion, so when my friend played echo caverns, I thought, "that card didn't seem so bad. He can just transfer a blaster icon from one his speeders to another".

But my friend pointed out that echo caverns targets two units, NOT two FRIENDLY units. So he proceeded to use it every turn to steal tactic and blaster icons from my vehicle units, and add them to his. It was fairly devastating in some of our battles.

Unless we're playing the card wrong, i am surprised that FFG didn't point out this much more powerful use of the card in their force pack preview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bender
United States
New River
Arizona
flag msg tools
Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God
mbmbmbmbmb
I discovered this yesterday as well, but failed to properly capitalize on it. I certainly will make better use of this card next time I play.

I think FFG left that information for the players to find. Wouldn't be much fun if they told us exactly what to do with the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the writer of the preview articles has little understanding of the game's strategy. Their analysis of some of the other cards is pretty questionable as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind the write-ups for the previews. But remember, a lot of the strategy for this game is developed by the players. They just give us the tools.

And to the original poster, that is one sweet ability. I am tired of the rebels constantly dying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiny Grimes raved about this card on the last episode (#11) of the Smuggler's Den:

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/podcasts/_/star-wars-the...

As for the preview... well, it's just a preview.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C L

North Carolina
msg tools
GameMasterX0 wrote:
My friend and I played yesterday, and he made a rebel/smuggler deck with the new smuggler objective from search for skywalker.

I had seen ffg's preview of the expansion, so when my friend played echo caverns, I thought, "that card didn't seem so bad. He can just transfer a blaster icon from one his speeders to another".

But my friend pointed out that echo caverns targets two units, NOT two FRIENDLY units. So he proceeded to use it every turn to steal tactic and blaster icons from my vehicle units, and add them to his. It was fairly devastating in some of our battles.

Unless we're playing the card wrong, i am surprised that FFG didn't point out this much more powerful use of the card in their force pack preview.

Well, you can't steal two icons as the same time. So if he was stealing a tactics AND a blaster, you were playing it wrong. If he was stealing a tactics one turn and a blaster on a subsequent turn then that's how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
badge
Thank you, to whoever gifted me the Geek Citizenship Recognition badge! You're a pretty cool person, anonymous BGGer!
mbmbmbmbmb
holliday88 wrote:
Well, you can't steal two icons as the same time. So if he was stealing a tactics AND a blaster, you were playing it wrong.

Unless he had a way to refresh it during the phase, like say, Leia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C L

North Carolina
msg tools
Oh, yeah there are tricks to refresh it but he didn't mention those. You can use Leia, you can use Engineers, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.