GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,488 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Fellow UK Players - What are YOUR storage solutions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Harvey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've scoured through all these "Oh so wonderful" storage solutions, and honestly most of them seem quite brilliant! I then go to Amazon/Google, do a search, and low and behold... nothing... and no equivalent either!

So considering I don't want to spend insane money of Battlefoam, I ask you my fellow United Kingdom based players, what do you use to store your miniatures?

Brownie points and GeekGold if you can link where you can get them from as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Cheverton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
£30 on a large KR multicase when I went to salute last week - I could spend hours and hours trawling for a cheap solutions thats as good but.... Seems to work pretty well, holds everything, stacks well, keeps it all neat and tidy so my wife doesn't complain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amaro Vitoria

Barcelona
Barcelona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://uk.battlefoam.com/star-wars-game-foam-kit-for-the-p-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/867294/my-x-wing-storage-sol...

Plano 5231 (it's the second post down on that thread) I got it from Amaerica via amazon. Cheap as chips and perfect for wave 1 and 2. You'll need 2 of em. Can hold shed loads of small ships and 2 mediums per case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not from the UK but I can recommend Feldherr bags and pluck foam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colin darra
Wales
LINCOLN
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another recommendation for KR Multicase here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex M
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enies wrote:

I think i will give them a try.

http://www.feldherr.com/de/maxi/maxi-bags/feldherr-maxi-many...
This seems to be a pretty good size and should be future proof for me at least for two more waves. I only buy one of each product released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil, the Tusken Tactician
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can save you money!!!

Black & Decker 25 compartment organiser. £18.99 from Homebase.

Check it out...

Since taking this photo I have added 8 more ships to my squad plus 6 more dice and still they all fit in this case..... just! There's not room for any more and each X-Wing is now stored along with a Y-Wing, the damage deck is with the upgrade cards deck, etc. but it all fits. Notice that I took out a couple of their little compartment boxes at the beginning to fit the big ships.

Vertical storage, thin enough that although there's a very small rattle there's absolutely no damage. For this vertical storage to happen, X-Wings are stored on struts. Each part of the lid has four small corner indentations to ensure that compartments don't move.
Range rulers are also in there (you can see one under the Falcon).

This has an added bonus... if you're hiding from your wife how much you've spent on minis, this looks like a tool box and not a case for miniatures.

Clearly there's no room in here now for wave 3 but this holds 20 ships, including 2 large ones. All for £18.99.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice Job Neil. I'm going to have to check if I can get those here in Oz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harvey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tusken Raider wrote:
I can save you money!!!

Black & Decker 25 compartment organiser. £18.99 from Homebase.

Check it out...

Since taking this photo I have added 8 more ships to my squad plus 6 more dice and still they all fit in this case..... just! There's not room for any more and each X-Wing is now stored along with a Y-Wing, the damage deck is with the upgrade cards deck, etc. but it all fits. Notice that I took out a couple of their little compartment boxes at the beginning to fit the big ships.

Vertical storage, thin enough that although there's a very small rattle there's absolutely no damage. For this vertical storage to happen, X-Wings are stored on struts. Each part of the lid has four small corner indentations to ensure that compartments don't move.
Range rulers are also in there (you can see one under the Falcon).

This has an added bonus... if you're hiding from your wife how much you've spent on minis, this looks like a tool box and not a case for miniatures.

Clearly there's no room in here now for wave 3 but this holds 20 ships, including 2 large ones. All for £18.99.

Enjoy!

Just the thing I was looking for, none of this overpriced KR and Battlefoam stuff! (Battlefoam LOOKS cheap.... until you see the postage costs)

Even better, just went to my local Homebase, and its on offer at only £11.50! Whooo Thanks man

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reaver027 wrote:
Enies wrote:

I think i will give them a try.

http://www.feldherr.com/de/maxi/maxi-bags/feldherr-maxi-many...
This seems to be a pretty good size and should be future proof for me at least for two more waves. I only buy one of each product released.

I have the Medium bag and two full size foam. And thats more then enought for my Rebel fleet plus space for atleast 2 more waves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Dawson
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here, move along
badge
Need to put something witty here
mbmbmbmbmb
Another vote for the KR Multicase. The large one is best if you have the bigger ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use one of these from B&Q (£30): http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/handtools-storage-workwear/tool-s...

It's a bit pricey but very sturdy and has lots of room even with my reasonably large collection, home-made asteroids and explosion markers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Scorpy
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb

I'd second the Black & Decker 25 compartment organiser. I picked it up for 12ish quid at homebase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hall-Williams
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Home Bargains sell large, compartmented storage boxes for £2.50 and they've been perfect. The only thing they won't store are the large pilot cards.

Cheap and cheerful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stack On 17 compartment storage boxes are a bit pricier over there than they are here, but work great: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stack--Products-Compartment-Storage-...

http://goblinhall.com/2013/03/26/transporting-the-fleet-to-p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barney
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I have seen the Black & Decker 25 compartment cases in person and can vouch for how nice they are but the sale has ended and they are back up to £18 in Homebase.

I'm currently working on the shoe box method which involves buying foam sheets and creating my own compartment design. It's large enough for 2 or 3 separate trays but small enough to fit inside my backpack, with none of the rattle these plastic solutions cause. Plus being a custom fit I can make better use of the space. It won't win any style awards but it's incredibly cheap to make and practical, which is all I want from a storage device.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
modern life
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamecat_uk wrote:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/867294/my-x-wing-storage-sol...

Plano 5231 (it's the second post down on that thread) I got it from Amaerica via amazon. Cheap as chips and perfect for wave 1 and 2. You'll need 2 of em. Can hold shed loads of small ships and 2 mediums per case.

Same here. Ordered from Amazon.com and only took about 2 days to arrive! Looked to have been sent from Germany

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry, not from the UK, but that black and decker case looks nearly identical to the stanley case i use

i approve of it highly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.