Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
martin lariz
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a chance to play this game 2-player last night and it went quite well. It was a close match with me as the BH eliminating the second player as he had enough coins to win if he could have just made it back to base. However we had a few questions during the course of our gameplay.

1) When killed by a fate card or shopkeeper, does this count for the BH and what is done with the items/coins.
We assumed that they would not count towards the BH needed kills, and the items would fall to the space where the player was killed. However I am inclined to follow a rule akin to nethack and say that if you die in one of the shops the shopkeeper happily inherits your possessions.

2) When you have a shield and a bless token, is there any particular order that they should go in?
We assumed that it was up to the player as I didn't see anything specifying (though that is what I'm wondering, if there was something I missed). As such you would obviously try the shield and then if that failed would lose the bless token to avoid the hit.

There may have been more but if so we'll just add it below.

Vext

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Garay
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Question #1 - A thief is killed by the game, not another playing character - where does his stuff go? It goes right where he fell, on the board. This keeps magic items in play and creates new points of interest. It would make more sence logically that the shop keeper or the entity who made the kill would keep the items and you could play that way but action, strategy and making things interesting are much more FUN than being overly logical.

Question #2 - I'm hit! But I have a shield and I am blessed - which takes effect first?

Well, where were you hit - if you have a helm or a shield you first roll for the block. If you are succesful then you were hit on your shield and recieve no damage. If you fail then you where hit and the "bless" takes effect.

Hope that helps.

Sack them shops! Bust them thieves!

Dominique

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really need to get around to playing this game. sigh.
I have had it for a couple months and I just can't get it on the table. I know my group and I would love it, there are just so many games to get to. And I am my own worst enemy in that I buy nearly everything I lay my eyes on. Sigh.
One day I will sack those shops and bust those thieves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.