GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,485 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

The Castles of Burgundy» Forums » General

Subject: next rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Bearden
United States
birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my wife just got trajan and are crazy about it , so we are looking for the next Stefan Feld game.
Look at Castles of burg or macao , i am defiantly getting The Speicherstadt but i want more MORE Feld!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not a Feld fan. Castles of Burgundy was a pleasant surprise for me and I really enjoy it. I've also enjoyed Trajan. And that's it. So there are two Feld games I will play so maybe those are the two you will like best as well. With four more Feld games showing up this year though, perhaps that will change...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Castles better than Macao. Macao is a completely themeless amalgamation of (admittedly) somewhat interesting mechanics. In Castles, I really enjoy getting the tiles to "combo" together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Luna, you won't regret it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Green is the colour, football is the game; we're all together, and winning is our aim!
mbmbmbmbmb
Now see - I really like Macao - and Speicherstadt and most of his other games are really good too. Just buy them all - save the hassle of choosing....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul Shabatowski wrote:
Try Luna, you won't regret it.

I like most of Feld's games - Luna and In the Year of the Dragon are the two exceptions (of the ones I've played).

I'm a big fan of Notre Dame, though it is a bit simpler than CoB or Trajan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katrine Weerstra
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend Bora Bora. I love CoB, Macao and Trajan but Bora Bora i quickly getting to be my favorite

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
GogTad wrote:
Me and my wife just got trajan and are crazy about it , so we are looking for the next Stefan Feld game. Look at Castles of burg or macao , i am defiantly getting The Speicherstadt but i want more MORE Feld!

Since you like Trajan, Castles of Burgundy and Bora Bora are logical continuations. And from there on it's open season. Apart from the three games I mentioned, It is generally impossible to say that if you like one Feld title, you'll like the other: their mechanics and scope are usually completely different. It is therefore dependent on what you like in a title whether or not a different Feld game will appeal to you and your spouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
Luna is very different from other Feld's, I wouldn't by it first. It's a great game for the same reason though, it's very different ("worker movement game").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.