8 Posts

Lords of Waterdeep» Forums » Rules

Subject: getting multiple mandatory quests rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
niall brown
Canada
flag msg tools
I could not determine if multiple "mandatory quests" can be played on one person as same time? Last night I was in the lead when I got hit back to back and had to clear two MQ's before being able to further complete normal quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, since the rules do not restrict the number of mandatory quests that can be played on a player there is no limit.

Edit: ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a lot of hate going on in your gaming group!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Italy
Castelbellino
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, next time you'll know where to hit devildevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group housed rule this by restricting only ONE mandatory quest per person per round. Maybe too restrictive but we like to play it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
louper wrote:
niallctbrown wrote:
I could not determine if multiple "mandatory quests" can be played on one person as same time? Last night I was in the lead when I got hit back to back and had to clear two MQ's before being able to further complete normal quests.

Yes, they can. There's nothing in the rules which restricts it. The mandatory quests can be completed in any order, but they all must be completed before any non-mandatory quests can be completed.

Just posting to note that the precise wording of MQ's backs this up: it says the affected player can't complete non-mandatory quests, not that they can't complete other quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems if you are getting hit by multi MQ's you're either really annoying your group or winning by too much. Either way, there is a lesson there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.