Popular Tags: [View All]
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards that come with the expansion are a slightly different size than the ones that came with my base game. As a result, when I shuffle the new replacement "Dud" cards into the old invader deck, they stick out like sore thumbs. This is not really a problem, since I just leave the old cards in the deck, but use the updated rules when I play them.

There is a problem with the marine deck. The different sizes make them difficult to shuffle, so I put them all into sleeves, makeing them easier to manage. Problem solved.

Other than this minor issue (which becomes a non-issue with the use of the sleeves), it is a great expansion that breathes some new life into a game that hasn't seen too much table time lately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Price
United States
Comstock Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've put mine into sleeves since day one...even when it was just the base game. I played enough CCGs to know that it only takes a little use before cards like those will start to show wear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You must have gotten a bad cut...the dud cards in my set are the correct size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthijs v S
Netherlands
Enschede
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ones in my friend's kit are also the wrong size

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon W.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
My Dud cards were also the incorrect size in my set. I also noticed they changed the font type. Not a big deal, just another difference between the expansion and the base set cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My cards are also of the wrong size

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Plank
United Kingdom
Unspecified
West Sussex
flag msg tools
Me too. It's not that big a deal (you can't see the duds coming on the deck), but makes shuffling the deck that much harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card cuts
When I got the original board game, I noticed that about a quarter of the invader cards were a different size. This has and still does make shuffling kind of annoying. I don't like the new deck as much, but sometimes I use it because the cards are all the same size.

PS—Lithe sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if FFG will replace the miscut cards? The 10 marine and 3 Dud cards don't aren't the same size. Am I going to have to get sleeves just to "fix" it myself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dacool561 wrote:
Anyone know if FFG will replace the miscut cards? The 10 marine and 3 Dud cards don't aren't the same size. Am I going to have to get sleeves just to "fix" it myself?

I don't know but unless your cards are clearly a bad cut it would be difficult for FFG to provide cards that are exactly the same size. The decks are cut at different times at different machine calibration settings so mismatch is only expected. How do you know that your base game set isn't the "miscut" one?

Mine are also a bit different. It happens.

Just sleeve 'em. You'll get some protection as a bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.