South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to my FLGS this past weekend and taught some Eagle & Gryphon games. The one that I think went over best is Incan Gold. While most people were there to play Magic, I managed to convince some of those not actively playing to learn Incan Gold. I quickly found out that these guys are the perfect people to play the game with.

Sitting down with 3 other players, I quickly got them to understand how the game works. The initial reaction seemed to be that they thought this would be an easily won, purely mathematical game.

Going through the temple, we found a hint of a mummy, some treasure, heard some snakes in the background, got some more treasure, the usual stuff in a temple. Two of the players bailed after the snake, but myself and one of the other players kept on. He dropped out after another treasure card, and I was on my own. Taking 3 more cards and 19 total treasure, I decided it was time to leave.

When the players were lamenting my gains, they asked why I kept going when it wasn't the "right" thing to do statistically. I explained that statistically doesn't always work out with the real game.

We ended up playing 4 more times over a total of 5 hours, with me winning most of the games, but everyone had a blast. I gave out some prizes to the participants and thanked them for playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Vichi
Italy
Castelbellino
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the report. you mean that's a good game for casual players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soul_Guile wrote:
thanks for the report. you mean that's a good game for casual players?

It's a great game for casual players. It can be taught in a few minutes and each turn is simply a decision for each player of continuing or stopping. It's a game to take home around Thanksgiving or Christmas for holiday to introduce to your family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Vichi
Italy
Castelbellino
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you. I've been watching some reviews and reports as it can be played up to 8 ppl which is a major advantage, and seems quite easy to play. I have many friends not accustomed to bgs so I need to keep things easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soul_Guile wrote:
thank you. I've been watching some reviews and reports as it can be played up to 8 ppl which is a major advantage, and seems quite easy to play. I have many friends not accustomed to bgs so I need to keep things easy.

It is actually a lot of fun with 8 players. When you come across a treasure card, you divide it up as equally as you can and leave the remainder on the card.

For example, if you find a 7 card with 4 players, each gets 1 treasure and 3 remain. If you find that same 7 card with 8 players, each gets 0 and 7 remain.

The gems left behind are split among everyone who runs out of the temple in a round. So now there's a lot of debate between going forward or running away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Vichi
Italy
Castelbellino
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you shouldn't have reminded me of this game. Now I need it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin W.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a GREAT game for casual players. I play at a fair ammount of bars here some of the more casual, more drunk players have literally given me hugs and high fives "For bringing an awesome game".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A suggestion I'll make for you is if you're playing with folks who may have issues seeing things, go to your local craft store and pick up some red and green stones. They're a little smaller than a nickel around, but are great to use in place of the "Stop" and "Go" cards in the game. They're also far harder to track and are water (and beer) proof!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin W.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stones are a good idea! The cards can be confused if you are not careful to pay close attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Collasta wrote:
Stones are a good idea! The cards can be confused if you are not careful to pay close attention.

...or have had a few to drink.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.